Conversation Between barnfind 51 and Jeff and Nicolle
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. barnfind 51
    11-30-2012 06:02 AM - permalink
    Thanks Jeff my address is 1330 mission Trail Salado Tx see you soon !! LOL Thankyou for the offer and I will take you up on it. You have been a help to me already, and again your truck is looking good!! George
  2. Jeff and Nicolle
    01-26-2012 07:47 PM - permalink
    I see you are/were looking at that same thread I was "Power Steering pump Replacement" I gotta go find me a van!
  3. Jeff and Nicolle
    02-27-2011 11:50 AM - permalink
    the 302 is, I believe, like 1.5 " narrower at the heads, if I remember correctly. I am still needing a borgeson double u-joint for the steering and can adjust the engine to the passenger side some if I choose to. my concern is that there may be alot of heat on the joint from the header and may boil out the grease. So yeah not quite done in that area yet, but close. I have to get my build pictures in order and explained sometime so that they are more helpful/understandable.
    I welded the Jag IFS to the frame to gain about 2" more drop in the front end, and in my opinion it is easier,cleaner, and safer, due to the welding. It eliminates the need for the JAG Z-joint. and the rubber bushings in the Jag will flex a bit which I dont like.
    Not saying anything bad about the soft mount way, but its just my opinion.
    Overall I like the welded route. I looks great too!
  4. Jeff and Nicolle
    02-27-2011 11:37 AM - permalink
    Hi George!
    I know what ya mean about "FAMILIAR" yah the carb route would certainly be easier, that being said..as ya said the cost of aftermarket is exactly why I decided to tackle the EFI. I already have most of it, I get salvage parts really cheap, And the intimidation factor is why I know what I know. Everything new to us is intimidating. The first engine rebuild, the first brake job, etc., etc. Believe me when I say I don't know what it is gonna take to get this EFI completed, but it WILL be completed! I always say, "No hill for a climber!"
    The headers are in fact shorty's for a mustang, I have a pic of the box they came in that shows the years that the fit. Yes the steering is very close, maybe 3/4"-1" clearance. but it will be less with a 302. gonna do this in a couple replies.
  5. barnfind 51
    02-26-2011 01:31 PM - permalink
    Hey Jeff,
    i just found your reply,and thanks. I am not to swift on this site. Anyway i am going Carb,I saw some of your post about the EFI pretty interesting ,but I need something that I am familar with,Old timer , ...Grin i havent Built any thing for years,so needless to say I need to learn about other options. I like the after market,but they are very proud of the units.i was going to ask you about your headers, Are those Shortys and how did you do on the clearance from your pic it looks real real close.Also why did you weld the Jag front? I was going to bolt on,Then I said 6 bolts hold that front end on and I really started thinking what if going down the super slab and something came apart no bueno. Probally not a big deal but hey **** happens.So any way thanks again for your reply.George
  6. Jeff and Nicolle
    02-23-2011 09:05 PM - permalink
    Was it something I said? no reply back?
  7. Jeff and Nicolle
    02-19-2011 05:47 AM - permalink
    Hi George,
    Ok the truck engines are a rear sump engine already and if you go with a passenger car engine you can buy the rear sump pan and oil pickup tube. but yeah if you go with the jag ifs you gotta use a rear sump.
  8. barnfind 51
    02-19-2011 02:19 AM - permalink
    Hey Jeff,
    When you installed the Jag front did you have to put a rear sump on the motor?
    My plans have changed on putting the flat head back,got a number from the machine shop , and my pockets are not deep enough.I have gone back and forth on the Jag ifs and irs ,looks like dropping the height with drop ax and new leafs would put me up around 1k,I already have the jag so probally go that way.Did you use the jag booster and master cylinder? Now I guess will be looking for a 302 to slip into the old girl.Any advise on that?Thanks for your help
    George
  9. Jeff and Nicolle
    01-25-2011 10:35 PM - permalink
    Sorry, too many words in the first post, had to break it into two.

now I am talking about where it mounts to the bottom of the dash. just above that it turns into multifunction switch with plastic covers. None of the rangers,that I looked at, had tilt column. but every Bronco II that I have ever seen all had tilt. maybe due to rear seat access...not sure but it fits real nice! now I did move the hole where it comes through the floor/firewall.You can see that in my albums too. Don't hesitate to ask if want pics! Since I have a short memory you may have to ask more than once! 2 of 2
  10. Jeff and Nicolle
    01-25-2011 10:33 PM - permalink
    I'm sorry for the short memory...I got way too many irons in the fire!
    About the Bronco II steering column...there are some pics in my albums and I certainly can take more if ya want them. the mounting to the floor. A pic would be best to show you, but the column has a plate built in to the end of it and it mounts to the floor very easily, three bolts. If I don't already have pics of it, I will soon.I don't have it permanantly mounted to the column yet, but the actual tube of the BII column is very close if not the same diameter as the original column. 1 of 2