Conversation Between Diesel and Steam and Mark Kovalsky
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Mark Kovalsky
    11-09-2010 05:42 PM - permalink
    There was a problem with the 2001 diesel 4R100, but it caused no 1-2 shift, not a no 1st gear. And everyone that rebuilds these transmissions knows how to eliminate those parts so that it doesn't happen again. I suspect whoever rebuild it didn't do a great job on it.

Mark
  2. Diesel and Steam
    11-09-2010 09:15 AM - permalink
    Hello Mark, I hear you know your Ford Transmissions. I dont want to be a bother but if you have the time I have a question. I have a 2001 F350 7.3L Auto, that just yesterday will not go forward (Reverse works great) it started just sliping when you would try to start form a stop, and then nothing other then a little bump when you shift it manually. this trans has less then 24K miles on it and is the 2nd one the Ford dealership replaced when the first when out after only 2 Months. I'm considering going to an ATS or something else because my in-laws 2000 F350 and trans has a very similar story with factor replaced transmissions giving up often. what do you think about the 4R100 in these years and is there some kind of defect? I just cant imaging loosing this many trans with an inherent problem