Conversation Between Volvo92906 and Lammon
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Volvo92906
    08-03-2012 05:37 PM - permalink
    Hey. I do not check this often since it is pretty much the same 5 questions on the site daily and the same "know it all" guys who respond. So, if it is any help to you still, you have it correct. The bearing goes in, the inner nut goes in and gets torqued, the ring goes in and locks into the tab on the nut and it may have other types of locking tangs on it also. Then the outer nut goes on and is also torqued. Then you put the dust cap or locking hub on and you are good to go. By the way.. You probably want the 79 to 86 Forum instead of the 87-96 forum.
  2. Lammon
    07-28-2012 03:45 PM - permalink
    Hey bud, I'm pretty new here and new to my Ford pickup as well. It's a 79 F150 4x4, and I'm about to replace my inner/outer wheel bearings. I dug up an old wheel bearing thread upon a search and had a question about the wheel nuts. The inner nut has the little pin on it correct? And when I put the lock ring back in does it just slide onto that nut and then torque the outer nut onto that? You can also email me at c.lammon@yahoo.com if that's easier