Conversation Between shorod and njptvr
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. njptvr
    01-03-2015 04:58 AM - permalink
    Hi Shorod
    Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

My email address is nick.pain@mac.com. I have the ForScan and FoCom via USB convertors neither of which see an SRS or RDC module which is why I was suspecting the module might not be working properly.

The other codes in question 3 are from the GEMS module.

Do you know of anywhere I can purchase a complete copy of the service manual electronically? I can get the from Ebay in the USA but the shipping and import will cost more than the manual!

Thanks very much for your help.

NJP
  2. shorod
    01-01-2015 09:45 PM - permalink
    What system were the Question 3. diagnostic codes from? For non-powertrain codes, I need to look them up in the relevant service manual section. There's no overall listing of all possible diagnostic codes unfortunately.
  3. shorod
    01-01-2015 09:43 PM - permalink
    The Airbag system LFC of 14 correlates to a diagnostic code of B1914 defined as Air Bag Sensor Circuit Shorted to Ground. There's a lot of information in the service manual related to the code, more than I can include here. The airbag system should be accessible via a professional scan tool. Most consumer-grade tools will not be able to access the Airbag system but the higher end units should be able to. The system might be labeled as "SRS" rather than airbag through for Supplemental Restraint System.

For the detail and diagnostic methods for the LFC 14 please provide me with an e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF of the relevant section from the factory service manual.

-Rod
  4. njptvr
    01-01-2015 02:57 PM - permalink
    Hi Shorod
    Appreciate you get lots of questions so thanks for any help you can give.

1998 Ford Explorer RHD Factory Export to UK

1. Airbag system. The code flashed on the dashboard light is 14 but I cannot get my OBD scanner to communicate with the RDC module. It does not show up at all. There are six modules showing but not that one. Should it show up on an OBD scanner?

2.4x4
    OBD shows the switch working in both H and L positions. 4x4 H light illuminates correctly but not the 4x4 L light. I also can't hear the normal clunk noise as the motor shifts.

3. OBD Scan faults
    B1371
    B1462 - I realise this is probably not relevant as it is an export vehicle.
    B1338

Are any or all of these problems likely to be inter-related?

Any help, service manuals or wiring diagrams you could provide would be hugely appreciated as the support from Ford UK is non existent and I really want to get my truck working again!

Thanks very much