Conversation Between BigBlueOx and 6CylBill
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. BigBlueOx
    01-13-2010 08:15 PM - permalink
    I just noticed your MPG reply. I'm not sure if you'll get better milage with a little taller tire but it wouldn't surprise me with the mighty 300. I've got the Superlift speedometer correction module so I believe my MPG is pretty accurate.
  2. 6CylBill
    01-13-2010 05:34 PM - permalink
    That is very interesting.. I don't have my Powertrax box close to me where I can read it, but I could have promised you it either says on the box or the instructions not to run anything over 33 inches with the locker. Maybe I just read it somewhere online.
    Either way, it's good to know. I plan on running 32'' tires eventually.
  3. BigBlueOx
    01-13-2010 04:19 PM - permalink
    I emailed a guy at Richmond gear and he said that there are no tire restrictions on the no-slip locker. He said that there are guys working there with 38s and the no-slip and they work fine. Just though you might be interested in my findings.
  4. 6CylBill
    01-10-2010 06:19 PM - permalink
    17 mpg with those tires? Dadgum. I get 16 with the 31's. I'm hoping if I go up a tire size my highway fuel mileage will increase. I don't know if one inch will help, tho. What do you think?
  5. BigBlueOx
    01-10-2010 06:07 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the info I didn't know there was a tire hight restriction. I'll do the research though.
  6. BigBlueOx
    01-10-2010 06:06 PM - permalink
    I was getting 17 mpg before this 10* ethenol. Now I get like 15.5mpg
  7. 6CylBill
    01-10-2010 05:31 PM - permalink
    What kind of fuel mileage do you get?
  8. 6CylBill
    01-10-2010 05:19 PM - permalink
    Heya my friend. I have nothing but GOOD to say about the Powertrax No Slip automatic locker. It's easy to instal and DOES WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO, without fail. It's quiet to me. I have an exhaust system but even so, I don't think the locker makes any noise. Do you have "Limited Slip''? If so, I would STRONGLY recomend you do your research, pro's and con's of a locker. I would instal my locker again in a minute. Your truck is a long box, so it will feel and work even better. With my tires, gears and locker, my truck is like a tank [for a 4x2]. I am pleased with the locker and truck's preformance. I recomend it if you want a locker.With that said, the Powertrax No Slip locker has a limitation to tire height. I think it's either 32 or 33. I know you have 33 inch tires. My locker feels solid with the 31's but I won't tell you for sure it's safe with 33's JUST DO YOUR RESEARCH!!
  9. BigBlueOx
    01-10-2010 02:31 PM - permalink
    Hey what's up. I was wondering how loud the Powertrax locker is in turns. Is it quiet like they say or is it loud like the cheap ones?
    BTW sweet, clean lookin truck.