Conversation Between crazyeddie and WoodGrain
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. WoodGrain
    10-25-2009 09:06 PM - permalink
    Thanks! Its going to be at least another 2 years before I get my truck where I want it. Lack of funds and many jobs prevents it. The "crate" motor in my gallery is something I'm putting together. Its a 351m bumped out to a "400" which is really a 402. I've got forged internals, nasty cam, edlebrock intake, a full Pertronix ignition, edlebrock water pump, moroso oil pan and pump, remote resevoir oil filters(yup 2) flexi lite fans, and an aluminum radiator. I'm estimated upwards of 500hp and IDK how much more torque
  2. crazyeddie
    10-25-2009 06:18 PM - permalink
    Cool deal. Good luck finishing up the truck. It'll scoot with that stroker motor you're putting in it!
  3. WoodGrain
    10-22-2009 11:45 PM - permalink
    Yup, they custom did my wheels for the MSRP based on height and width. So the same as any other 16x8 inch torq thrust wheel. It just took alot of calling. The guy who sold me the wheels has been doing business with A/R for decades so they hooked him up so he could sell them to me. 1500 for all 4 wheels not including tires.
  4. crazyeddie
    10-22-2009 02:32 PM - permalink
    Wow - that's great that they were open to making you a custom set of rims! Did they charge you much extra to do it? One of my friends got a pair of Cragars modified and they sold them to him at-cost - just wondering if A/R does business the same. I'm gonna go check out your pics!
  5. WoodGrain
    10-21-2009 10:19 PM - permalink
    The bolt pattern and back spacing had to be adjusted on the CNC machine. Not "one off" but that factory did have to do some adjusting just for me. I feel special. I uploaded some pics to the gallery. I just figured out how to put up pics so there will be many more to come.
  6. crazyeddie
    10-21-2009 09:43 PM - permalink
    No kidding! From that little pic they look like keystones! Torq Thrusts look much better. What's different about your rims that they had to be custom made?
  7. WoodGrain
    10-21-2009 09:29 PM - permalink
    Keystones? heck no. Ive got 16" American racing Torq Thrusts with General Grabber tires. I had to get them custom made. The wheel guy I was dealing with had to call to the VP/exec type level of American racing to get them made.
  8. crazyeddie
    10-21-2009 09:11 PM - permalink
    Yeah from looking at your avatar, it does look low. What wheels are those anyway? They look like Keystones.
  9. WoodGrain
    10-21-2009 09:08 PM - permalink
    I'm starting to go street rod with mine. I like big motors, big power, and big noise. I like muscle cars and all but I really can't drive one. Right now its the stock height, but the wheels make it look low. I'll get some more pics up soon.
  10. crazyeddie
    10-21-2009 10:18 AM - permalink
    Have you posted up some pics of your truck? From looking at your avatar, it looks like a street rod