Conversation Between mwsF250 and DarrellinCeres
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. DarrellinCeres
    11-09-2011 02:07 PM - permalink
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Do you know what you ended up with as a final CR? I'm going to shoot for under 10:1 to avoid any problems with pump gas. If the 06 uses the same piston as the later 2V (01-04) which from what I can find is a 15.8cc dish and the PI heads have a 44cc combustion chamber then the CR should be around 9:1.
    If I change the pistons to a 10.5cc dish then that should put me around 9.5:1 with PI heads. I'll also add some port and polish to the heads to help them breath a little better.
    Like you said before, I think it was you, if we don't do anything that makes it stand out during the visual inspections the rest is fooling the sniffer. If I have to I could get Mike to write one just for them.
    Thanks again for the info and I'll post a build thread on the forum when I start actually putting it all together.
  2. DarrellinCeres
    11-08-2011 05:56 PM - permalink
    Hey I haven't seen anything lately about how the custom tune worked out from 5-star. Have you got it ironed out? How's it running? And as a fellow CA smog victim did you have to get a custom tune to pass the sniffer? I'm looking at building something simular to what you did next year. I'm going to start rounding up the parts, build the engine in my shop before the original one in mine bites it. I'm sure I got afew more miles left. It doesn't use any oil to speak of and runs good. It's got what sounds like piston slap in the morning that clears up a few seconds after running.
    Was there a failure on your engine or did you swap it before it had the chance to fail too? I'm at 260K right now.
    I've been reading post, taking notes, and formulating a plan.