Conversation Between mOROTBREATH and fleetparts
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. mOROTBREATH
    03-26-2011 09:23 PM - permalink
    You're right, the sound came back even after using white lithium, but somehow disappeared a few days ago and has yet to return.

I can't believe that the cable is as nice looking and clean as it is but is still considered "bad", but what do I know.

I don't care anyways. I don't even use the speedometer. I just matched my speed to my Tachometer and now use that to see how fast I'm going. When and if my speedometer ever finally breaks, I highly doubt I'll actually fix it. The tach is much more reliable.

Thank you very much for your help.
  2. fleetparts
    03-26-2011 01:47 AM - permalink
    it should be you cable that is going bad from what i read of you post but if you take you cable out and take it down to fleet parts they should be able to tell u if it is bad or not as i said i left there so im not sure how well it is ran down there anymore if u have any questions about ur cable or speedometer im more than will to answer them for u you can email me at fleetparts@msn.com it u have anymore questions
  3. fleetparts
    03-26-2011 01:47 AM - permalink
    i use to work at fleet parts and iv repaired many speedos and i just want to let you know do not you graphite it will travel up to the speedometer it self and lock it up the white lithium grease would work fine or if u want to relube it next time just go down to fleet parts and they will put some grease in a cup for u for free or at least they use too and i can also tell u that lubeing it is not going to solve the problem completly the nosie will come back and the cable will eventaly break it also might lock up your speedometer if it does lock up and then youll be spending alot more money to fix every thing