Conversation Between 55 Merc M-100 and 55 M-100
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. 55 M-100
    12-09-2009 01:11 PM - permalink
    I'm not sure if they are the right hood emblems. I would have to say no, I think they are off of a 53.
  2. 55 Merc M-100
    08-20-2009 08:28 PM - permalink
    Any idea if that is the original hood for your 55? I'm asking as you can probably tell from my picture that I have different side hood emblems and I don't know for sure if they are the right ones or the ones on your hood are the right ones. Of course, it's some hard to find info on Merc's anywhere.

Mine looks good from a distance. Trust me there is lots to do. Working on the mechanical right now and then will have to save some $$ for the body work. Last body work was done by who knows and it's really made a mess of things. I figure I'll end up having to pay a good body guy to fix it up right. I have to update my pics sometime too. I took the grille and the hood emblems to have plated but they still aren't on the truck as the motor is being switched out.
  3. 55 M-100
    08-18-2009 07:56 PM - permalink
    My truck is a good starting point for a resto. Box and frame are good. The Front fenders are a little rough but, they should be able to be re-used. The cab is no good but, I have a couple extras to choose from. I really like yours, I whish mine looked that good.