Conversation Between 77&79F250 and msavoy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. 77&79F250
    04-03-2015 07:29 PM - permalink
    You can also use the "advanced search" option to locate some info on it. Yes my info thread does not have anything on steering conversions, sorry.
  2. 77&79F250
    03-22-2015 06:39 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the kind words on the thread....I had some spare time on my hands one day. lol As far as the Bench Works p/s conversion, they do not have the best reputation. I remember reading some opinions on it over the years....

And a very knowledgeable guy on here (co425) said he had that set up and took it back off. I trust what he says hands down, cause that guy knows his stuff for sure. I had read that alot of guys do the regular 78/79 p/s steering swap? Did you use the "Advanced" search option for a thread on it?
  3. msavoy
    03-22-2015 01:10 PM - permalink
    Greetings! Stumbled into your very impressive Sept. 2014 post "Ford Truck Information and Then Some..." and nearly wet myself... thanks for the info!! Searched on the post regarding "steering conversions" and didn't get a hit. Have you any experience with the Benchworks system (Benchwork Steering Systems) for converting Highboys? There's lots of ways to get there, but this is the cleanest install we've seen. Seems all a fella really needs is to get his hands on is a drawing of that adapter plate... or start from scratch. Any thoughts? Thanks!