Conversation Between tex25025 and TxDiesel979
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. tex25025
    02-11-2014 06:34 AM - permalink
    There are some relatively drag and drop non-vgt turbos that will work with stock injectors. Size is of the turbo is what you are going to want to think about most. In some instances, you can use a tighter housing to help work with a slightly bigger turbo to work with stock sticks/air filter. Tuning is going to be at the upmost importance. I am also a big fan of a RR kit and if you are going to go bigger turbo, dealing with the dead heading on the last two injectors, in my opinion, is going to be needed in order to make sure you bring in enough fuel to help utilize all that extra air. Now, this will bring your power band up higher in the RPM range, as well as, the whistle that you will hear will more then likely be at the upper end of the RPM range as well. At least with mine it is.
  2. TxDiesel979
    02-04-2014 09:13 PM - permalink
    Hows it going? You seem to be a supporter of the non vgt on a 6.0. I've been reading around, but haven't been able to find and sure fire information on necessary mods to run a non vgt. I would like to make the swap on my 6.0, but don't really want to stray away from stock injectors. Is there a decent non vgt out there, that can be ran with stock sticks, with some good tunes and a few other normal performance mods? I rarely tow, and if so it wouldn't be anything more than just a few fourwheelers. I just want a fun dd, plus I would like to hear the trucks real exhaust, not the vgt whistle.