Conversation Between rhopper and Jeff and Nicolle
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Jeff and Nicolle
    07-04-2011 03:29 PM - permalink
    Hi Rusty, I started a thread about 4 wheel disk brakes and was hoping you would chime in. I am hoping to get some feedback from you on what you used for your brake system and how it seems to work for you. Happy 4th of July!
  2. Jeff and Nicolle
    06-23-2011 11:46 PM - permalink
    thanks for the info Rusty,
    i saw your pics after i sent the message last night. it looks great! i cant wait to get to that level of progress! btw nicolle and i got married on your birthday in 2006, i notice wierd things like that! take care
  3. rhopper
    06-23-2011 10:25 PM - permalink
    Jeff, I don't know about the ford pumps, but GM's have the valve on the back of the pump, on the pressure side. I saw in a Heidts catalog, amoung other places (speedway maybe), an adjustable power steering pressure regulator. It's mainly for GM pumps on MII racks to reduce the pressure so an MII set up isn't squirley, but it might be needed on your setup, also. It looks alot like a brake proportioning valve. My wheels are 16 x 7, with a 3.75 backspace. Pretty standard.
  4. Jeff and Nicolle
    06-22-2011 11:39 PM - permalink
    that sucks about the leak! i don't recall your spacer but when u have time i would love to hear about it! i will have to find that restrictor somewhere as i didnt get the pump with mine. i have the 5.8l ford so my pump will be from that. i don't know what i will end up with but thats a ways down the road anyway. i am currently coating the frame and bottom of cab with CHASSIS SAVER. i like the protective finish but brushing it on doesn't produce a pretty finish! its kinda like a plastic coating, and tough stuff, thats my goal for now. then get the cab back on and go from there.
    i would like to know the backspacing on your wheels also. i have a nice set of WELD DRAGLITES but they might be too wide in relation to backspacing. they are thick at the hub and i will need longer wheel studs to use them. they do bolt on but not by much, maybe a 1\2" of lugnut on the stud. again not a priority now, but just another hurdle for the darksider. I want to see some pictures!!!!
  5. rhopper
    06-22-2011 05:47 PM - permalink
    Jeff, the pressure relief valve is on the back of the power steering pump, where the pressure line enters the pump. The large nut looking thing unscrews after removing the pressure line. The relief assembly is behind that. I swapped that from my jag pump, which is made by GM, to the GM pump I'm using on my S10 serpentine belt setup. I don't know if it's more or less pressure than needed for the jag, but I didn't want to risk it. BTW, the rack leaks! Damn Jag is marking it's territory. AFA the bump stops, I had the same thing even after doing the spacer think I told you about. After moving the truck around I now have 1 to 1 1/2" of space under the bump stop. It may have been just bound from not rolling after being dropped off of the jack. The 215/65r16 tires clear OK on the front, but I'm going to change them to 215/60r16 to ensure it will never rub. Took it to my club's show/cruise saturday night, it looks great. The stance is perfect. I'll have to post some pictures. -Rusty
  6. Jeff and Nicolle
    06-18-2011 11:01 AM - permalink
    awesome! i hate to be a pain, but that pressure relief valve is something i don't have or even know what it is. sometime can can get me a picture of that or a link or whatever, just so that i know what it is?
    So do your upper control arms sit on the bumpstops? mine do, and i have had me and my son on the framehorns (aprox 420 lbs) to simulate a total wieght on the front. it will articulate, but if you stop bouncing it returns to the bumpstops. not alarming yet but just comparing.
  7. rhopper
    06-17-2011 05:00 PM - permalink
    Jeff, I've got about 100 miles on it so far. It feels good. I used the pressure relief valve from the jag power steering pump on my GM pump to keep the pressure correct, it's just a bit light effort, but OK. I lowered mine by removing the plastic 1/4 inch coil spring spacers, and spaced the lower spring plate down with washers. I got it alittle too low as I was rubbing with 235/60r16 tires. I'm swapping them to 215/65r16 tonight and I removed three of the four washers to raise it some. I've got a ride height of 10 1/2" at the bottom of the front frame horn. It rides good, steers and tracks fine, but I think I'd be happier with the xjs 1" front sway bar rather than the 3/4 xj6 bar. If I find one, I'll change it, if not it's OK. So far, so good.
  8. Jeff and Nicolle
    06-16-2011 11:50 PM - permalink
    Hey Rusty I was just reading a post of yours, you said you just got your truck on the road? How does the Jag feel? i am really curious! I'm still working on my chassis but money has slowed me way down...
  9. Jeff and Nicolle
    08-02-2010 09:47 PM - permalink
    Hi Rusty, I was looking at your Jag IFS pics and want to follow your footsteps for the most part. I postewd a thread on this but, I'm looking for good frame to Jag ifs measurement for correct forward to aft location. I have no fenders to even guess.
    Can U help me with that? Thanks, Jeff