Conversation Between harleymsn and 49willard
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. harleymsn
    02-19-2017 10:52 PM - permalink
    Bill,
    When you mentioned that the 15" wheels with the 3 3/4"BS would probably cause tire rub, did you mean on the top outside based on the drop? I'm wondering if that would be the case on mine with the higher ride height. I think you said you planned to use 225/70R15's then.
  2. harleymsn
    02-19-2017 10:41 PM - permalink
    BTW, my IFS is from an XJS, so it has the xj12 springs.
  3. harleymsn
    02-19-2017 10:17 PM - permalink
    Bill, I used 2" blocks between the rear mount and the frame, also 2" blocks between the stabilizer mounts and the frame. I spoke with Dan, his front mount bolts are about 3/4" below the frame, mine is close to 3" below. Before I removed the original axle, the frame sat level in the area of the firewall. When I got this all together I mounted the same size wheels and tires front and rear, the same frame location is now level. Did you block your mounts?
  4. 49willard
    02-19-2017 07:37 AM - permalink
    Joe,
    Somewhere in a post you indicated that you wanted to end up with stock ride height. I believe that with the Jag mounted as you have it (very similar to mine) the front will be quite a bit lower than stock. You can use the spacers (big washers) that Jag used to adjust ride height some. The spacers(I have seen both steel and teflon) can be placed at both ends of the springs. There is a limit to how many spacers you can use since too many will result in a significantly angled down lower A arm. You could also source the stiffer XJ-12 springs which will help some. I think that to get to stock ride height with the Jag it would be necessary to add spacers between the frame and the Jag mounts.
    Bill