Conversation Between StanleyZ and Powerstroke2000
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. StanleyZ
    12-14-2010 02:05 PM - permalink
    Well, I'm not estatic about the 6.4 but so far I've had good luck with it. I'm only at 29,000 though. I do spend a lot of time on the 6.4L forum and the theory I've developed is that 6.4 will do fine if it is highly maintained. It seems that most of those who come on the forum with big problems are suprised to learn that maintainence is crucial. If you are considering the 6.4L I would suggest you go on the forum and search for the following items and read enough to get a good feel for each subject. DPF, DPF delete, EGR, Making oil, Spartan, CAC, white smoke, losing coolant and the maintance schedules regular and heavy duty. That should cover almost all the stuff that comes up on a regular basis. As far as the truck, it is great, the tranny and the tow/haul is wonderful. It has a ton of power and drives and rides great. Hope this is helpful.
  2. Powerstroke2000
    09-04-2010 07:04 PM - permalink
    Still running my 7.3...currently at around 400 rear wheel HP, and I'm thinking of upgrading Stanley! By the looks of one post I read, you seem to be happy with the 6.4L, so I thought I would inquire as to what to look for, and to what to 'watch' for in my current journey in looking for an '08 F450 4X4? I'm liking the King Ranch, and the options that come with that, and hoping for a truck with navigation as well...so I'm trying to do my research before jumping into a truck.

Any help/tips/comments are more than welcome.

Thanks.

Dale