Conversation Between pawpaw and DangerRanger5280
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. pawpaw
    01-14-2016 09:28 AM - permalink
    The P0172 is a lean code, could be a stuck open PCV valve, dryrotted rubber elbow hose to it, or a host of other things on a 22 year old ride with unknown maintenance history.

I would suggest going to the Ranger/Mazda-BSeries forum here Ranger & B-Series - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums & begin a new thread, so you get answers just for your current woes, so that more forum member experience & minds can be brought to bear on suggestions for trouble shooting your problems.

Cleaning the throttle body with brake cleaner wasn't the best choice, as if the brake cleaner was of the chlorinated recipe, it could have wiped the O2 sensor switching sensitivity & maybe have damaged, or removed the TB anti-stick coating & the O2 sensors won't like processing its combustion residuals either.

There are TB spray products formulated to be coating & sensor safe, so best/safer if we opt to come by & use them.
  2. DangerRanger5280
    01-14-2016 12:23 AM - permalink
    Hey i got a 94 Ranger 2.3L and im in trouble man its leaking 2qts. a week i think it was the oil pressure sending unit so i replaced it just waiting on results. I did clean the throttle body with break cleaner(thought it would be ok). I just want the CEL off, getting 172, and something along the lines of could not maintain idle speed 400somthing. can it be a bad PCV?