1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

1966 F250 window seals

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Truckbrad
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1966 F250 window seals

I just purchased this truck and I want to change the window seals and replace the window wiskers. Does anyone have an exploded view to see how to take it apart?

Old 10-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look on Dennis Carpenters on line catalog, they have a step by step write up on how to R&R the seals and felt strips.

And Welcome to FTE.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to FTE, Bill has mentioned the article in D.C catalog; the article is on page 125 in the online, or paper back catalog. IMO, their weatherstrip, window gaskets, vent seal, etc. are made to fit, not much, if any, trimming required, may find cost more but kits are very good qaulity. If decide to go the D.C. route believe the catalog is still free; if so, suggest adding to the cart.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
CropDusterMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Brad,
Welcome to FTE...if you go to Dennis Carpenters website, download the pdf catalog and you'll find it on page 95 of the pdf. The directions are a bit vague....but you can figure it from there.My advice, given to me by a friend, gangstakr, on this site, is go to a wrecking yard and practice removing old anti-rattles felt kits. After one or two, it is pretty intuitive.If you're changing your A.R's, be sure to re-do the vent window seals too, that way you're doing the entire thing and it'll be good as new. A far as the window seals go, just be sure you get the right one for your style of front window...ie, whether or not it has the custom cab trim. If it has the trim, it's a bit tricky, just be patient. Rear window is a snap....use the string method.A.R's + vent seals (+ window bar) will run you around $270.