6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Just Another Sad Day In The Life Of A Ford Dealer Technician

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian123
I think what he was trying to say is that 90% of the people who have one would do fine with a PC...everyone that I know with a mac doesn't even use it for what its capable of. They spend twice as much as they could have on a PC, and all they do is surf the internet and type up college papers.
like me!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:04 PM
captainkbt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wp6529
Trust requires understanding, meaning that when you understand the engine and it's needs (and fulfill them) you can trust it. Without understanding you do not have trust, you have blind faith (a.k.a. Mac users).

Heck....that kinda sounds like my wife. Maybe the 2008 PSD owners manual should be that "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" book. Maybe my truck and I should get into counseling.

Pulling tongue out of cheek now......
Im a consumer, and when I spend ALOT of money on a vehicle, or any other high dollar device or item, I want it to perform as expected and be dependable. I want to follow the manufacturers instructions on maintenance, put fuel in it, and go. And I want it to be there when I need it without having to worry about it "growing oil" and blowing the engine and wierd stuff like that.

Im still a Ford guy. I knew there were some issues when I bought this truck, and I dont lay it all on FoMoCo's feet. I could be wrong, but it appears the friggin tree huggers in our govt are the ones to blame for screwing up a good engine.

Tongue back in cheek....
I guess we could compare it to a wife or girlfriend. Shes hot when you first meet her, after a while she still looks good when cleaned up, then you discover that she may have some issues, but you marry her anyway, then she starts nagging you and costing you money, but you still love her.

I guess Im just discovering that this vehicle has some real issues, I'll do the counseling and babying....cause like I said....Im still a Ford guy.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
wp6529
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian123
I think what he was trying to say is that 90% of the people who have one would do fine with a PC...everyone that I know with a mac doesn't even use it for what its capable of. They spend twice as much as they could have on a PC, and all they do is surf the internet and type up college papers.
No it's a function of understanding and maintaining vs. using and expecting someone else (mother Apple) to take care of the technical details. Administrator vs. user I guess.