1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

update on the 60 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on the 60 swap

after 4 days of looking for parts, waiting on parts, fab'n parts, breaking parts, torching parts and cussing parts im almost done with the swap. i have the drag links coming in today so hopefully i'll be driveable today. at least be able to get it to my house ha. uhh a couple issues though, #1 the angle on the front axle is off, i put a 3 in shackle flip on while doing the swap and now the ball joints are directly over each other... im pretty sure this is going to result in some pretty nasty bump steer and probably wobble. so... i think the best thing to do would be to cut the knuckles and rotate them to desired angle and weld them back on... sounds pretty sketchy huh. for now i have some steel shims, pretty sketchy doin that too but gotta correct it somehow. also in case your wanting to do a swap and your lifting at the same time or if you already have a lift, i found it was best to move the axle forward about 1-1/4" i did this by measuring back from the hole on the spring pad and drilling out a new hole, this centered the axle perfectly in the fender well, also corrected the drive shaft, so need to shorten it now. umm i went ahead and made some stainless steel braided brake lines, and i ordered the pro comp adjustable mx-6 shocks!! a little pissed about the back though, i bought supposedly 4 in lift springs for the rear with a 4.5'' shackle flip, you would think that would come out to about 8.5'' of lift right? no... it did not lol i dont understand it, the only think i can think of is i got stock replacement leafs. either way i have to put the blocks back under it unless i want to shell out a couple hundred more for higher springs. umm that about it, i forgot my camera during this whole ordeal, i got some on my phone, sorry fellas