1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

got a kill story for you guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:04 AM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a kill story for you guys

so my buddy and i are down at the local 711 were we all hang out at night and the infamous SS kid finally shows up and were talking and my other buddy just bought the exact same 03 6.0 ss chebby and there shootin it and he mentions how he wanted to race. so ive been there 2 hours now and im pretty bored and wanted some action so i ask my buddy that the SS kid wants to race and if they do then im in! so there all excited and then my other friend shows up in his newer 328i and of course hes in, mind you its 12am so theres no one around and we head down to the highway go up and then turn around on a rotary and head back down and wait for every one to pass so we have plenty of room to be dumb for 2 minutes we line up 3 wide and the beamer behind me, we do a 55 roll and i stay in 80E because i run out of oil too quick, dang stock 15* and 2s! i boost untill his final train horn stops and take off, im 3 truck lengths ahead untill i hit 85, i run out of oil i switch too stock and matt it again and i pull back ahead in stock mind you and waist them till 95~100mph and i hit my gov with 4:10s and i back off. They obv beat me in a top end race but i killed them for the first 1/4mile but im pretty proud of my old truck.

figured id share that one with you guys!

Old 09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Way cool Steve! Love to hear things like this. Just need to get a bigger HPOP and go for it again.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:48 AM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
I know I'm all lined up with Joey but I can't seem to find a 17* anywhere

Hopfully more guys read this and we start posting kill stories!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep looking. They're out there. I got mine last year from one of the guys here.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:52 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a kill story for ya Steve, but it's a little backwards from yours. I'm driving down the highway actually doing the speed limit for once and keeping an eye on a car behind me that I couldn't make out(car had HIDs and I wanted to know what it was). I hold 65mph rolling down the highway and the car slowly gets beside me. It's a black mustang. Nothing on the car, nor the sound of the car tells me that this thing has a chance in hell, but I still just keep 65mph.. They stayed beside me for about a mile so i sped up a little b/c I hate ppl riding beside me. They speed up also. I slow down and as soon as I get behind them, they slow down.. I'm say screw this guy, flick the switch to 6, hit 4th and take off. I look in my mirror and right as I'm pulling a truck length on him what do you think happens? I always drive with my windows down b/c I don't want to fix my A/C. I'm looking in my mirror when I hear the infamous sound of the ole supercharger and the next thing I know, he was way in front of me... Never had a chance with that one. LoL. That supercharger whine was LOUD.. very loud.

At first I was kinda sad b/c ever since I got aftermarket injectors and stuff that was the first street race I have lost. I have raced Dodges, Dmaxs, ricers, mustangs, camaros, etc. This is the first thing I have come across that made my truck feel like I was barely moving. It was cool though just to see that car go. Just gotta make mine faster now b/c it doesn't feel like it runs near as good since that night.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
well... you almost had em dude haha im the same way, when i loose or beat on my truck i become paranoid that its not running as good or its a little sluggish, i went as far as checking for blow by today because i was paranoid from that exhaust pop... but she runs just as strong as she ever has. i know your going way bigger on injectors and that new turbo will put some pep in her step l, find him and get a rematch, make it squeal! haha

Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
I don't know that I want another piece of that stang ever again. I could have 600hp and I bet he'd still put the smack down on me.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
haha probably, diesels just aren't fast up top. Gas jobs own the highspeed roads

Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
new mustang with supercharger = badass.

I posted pictures once before.

Road gears and power with a nice trans.
We dont have much a chance.
Trucks are not meant to go much over 110 either. haha.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Only kill story I have is for my 95 F150. Boy at school had a Acura Integra which as we all know ha a Vtech (VTEC I know but get tthe haha funny?) Well we were at a after school function, a thanksgiving dinner for FFA well we wanted to race for ****s and giggles. Well from the entrance onto the high way to the underpasses is exactly 1/4 mile. Well we pull ou (No traffic) and he is beside me and we race (He's got a 5spd I'm auto) I walk him by 3 car links. Next day he swares its cause the oil was cold and Vtec wouldnt kick in when its cold (Which is the truth) I laughed and told him. No you lost cause I got the big engine. And what really was the best part (We were with are buddies) I got to say 'And I even have 3.31 gears' lol blew his mind.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Talyn
new mustang with supercharger = badass.

I posted pictures once before.

Road gears and power with a nice trans.

We dont have much a chance.

Trucks are not meant to go much over 110 either. haha.
I believe that what I raced may have been a sneaky Terminator Cobra... Not new, but much more badass.. I wish i could have talked to the driver about the car, but after that beating I didn't want to drive faster than 65mph again. LOL

Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Epd444
Elder User
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
I believe that what I raced may have been a sneaky Terminator Cobra... Not new, but much more badass.. I wish i could have talked to the driver about the car, but after that beating I didn't want to drive faster than 65mph again. LOL
03/ 04 Cobras aka Terminators are badass. I own one and it rips.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:26 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Epd444
03/ 04 Cobras aka Terminators are badass. I own one and it rips.
I know and I wish I could afford one. They are definitely some bad ***** and can handle freakin' crazy power too..

Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
You know I believe Clay at Riffraff has a couple of Joey's modded 17's in stock. Might be worth a call to him (won't find it on the website) and see what kind of deal he'd make you for a no core modded 17.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Epd444
Elder User
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
I know and I wish I could afford one. They are definitely some bad ***** and can handle freakin' crazy power too..
aint that the truth. its pretty easy to get 500+ horse from them

Quick Reply: got a kill story for you guys