1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Clutch and Slave recomedations wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch and Slave recomedations wanted

I am looking for recommendations and feedback for a new clutch. I was planning on LUK clutch, PP and Slave but they are a little pricey. is Perfection(advanced auto) any good? all feed back wanted as well as best source for parts.......thanks in advance...

Old 09-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Hank85713
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Ive got one fro autozone, lifetime warrenty and they have replaced 1 already no qustions. They also have the same warrenty on the slave cyl. Dont know about the master, but plan on R&R all if you do pull the trans for the clutch. This is the best recommendation I can give as I have had mine out several times, did master slave failed, did slave master failed!

Also pack the TO bearing with a good grease, as well as the pilot bearing when reassembling.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:25 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Hank85713
Ive got one fro autozone, lifetime warrenty and they have replaced 1 already no qustions. They also have the same warrenty on the slave cyl. Dont know about the master, but plan on R&R all if you do pull the trans for the clutch. This is the best recommendation I can give as I have had mine out several times, did master slave failed, did slave master failed!

Also pack the TO bearing with a good grease, as well as the pilot bearing when reassembling.
because of the amount of required labor of the repair I want to make sure i get a part that will last.that is why i was leaning toward the LUK..........

Old 09-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Hank85713
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Only reason I exchanged mine was that my 5th/OD went out and I had the trans out. talked to the guy at AZ and he said just to bring it in and get a new one. Was nothing wrong with it. Now have 100+K on the one I put in no problems. I do thiink my master cyl is getting weak as it starting to get hard to shift again but the truck has 300+K on it so go figure.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:36 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Hank85713
Only reason I exchanged mine was that my 5th/OD went out and I had the trans out. talked to the guy at AZ and he said just to bring it in and get a new one. Was nothing wrong with it. Now have 100+K on the one I put in no problems. I do thiink my master cyl is getting weak as it starting to get hard to shift again but the truck has 300+K on it so go figure.
ok thanks so you got at least 1ook out of the duralst clutch and slave....thanks