1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

The OT Lets just complain Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
The OT Lets just complain Thread.

Can anyone else use the advanced reply and upload pictures? Or is it just me now?

Cause if its just me, thats pretty lame to handycap me for helping other members out with pictures I have.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
for those who are lost at what i'm saying, on the advanced reply, there is a button to upload 3 pictures at a time.

I'm not talking about inserting pictures with code.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
for those who are lost at what i'm saying, on the advanced reply, there is a button to upload 3 pictures at a time.

I'm not talking about inserting pictures with code.
Clicking on the "paper clip" the screen does pop up to upload but I had nothing to upload.
thought you had to have supporter status to do it, maybe not, can't remember.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
on the paper clip... hmm

no paper clip here.

I was talking about in the advanced options below the entry box.
I guess I should be more specific.

I used it before i had my supporter account, which magically dissapeared here for some reason after recent events.....

Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Hussler
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Talyn
on the paper clip... hmm

no paper clip here.

I was talking about in the advanced options below the entry box.
I guess I should be more specific.

I used it before i had my supporter account, which magically dissapeared here for some reason after recent events.....
Two ways to do it. 1. Clicking on the paper clip or 2. Scroll down below the edit box and click on Manage Attachments. Think last December my Supporter status expired and I did not see the paper clip or it was dimmed out until I renewed my status. Just can't remember for sure.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:59 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Attach images is a supporter only option William. Sorry, but it looks like you lost that when they took the badge. You can upload to your gallery here at FTE and then insert pictures that way.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
photobucket makes it easy, also.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Yeah, go figure.

Thanks for the help guys, at least its not a measuring contest when you guys help.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
OK, since we're already off topic, and I didn't start it , did they just change the website or is my pitifully slow internet connection acting up?

I am no longer getting a pop up window if I try and rep someone, it just goes to a new full size window, then back to the thread if I hit OK, or if I get the spread it around message, I have to hit the back button.

Also search is different. No more pop up there either. It looks like it sends me to the bottom of the page for the search box. Then if I go advanced search, it no longer suggests how to spell user names when you start typing the name in.

Everyone else seeing the same thing or is this another one of those PEBKAC issues?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
OK, since we're already off topic, and I didn't start it , did they just change the website or is my pitifully slow internet connection acting up?

I am no longer getting a pop up window if I try and rep someone, it just goes to a new full size window, then back to the thread if I hit OK, or if I get the spread it around message, I have to hit the back button.

Also search is different. No more pop up there either. It looks like it sends me to the bottom of the page for the search box. Then if I go advanced search, it no longer suggests how to spell user names when you start typing the name in.

Everyone else seeing the same thing or is this another one of those PEBKAC issues?
I haven't been able to search for anything for months .. I posted it & got no help

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
I agree search in general seems to have stopped working well after that last big upgrade to the server or whatever it was. The only way I could ever make the search find what I wanted was using advanced search and knowing who posted what I was looking for. I don't always remember everyone's exact user name, but I remember most of it. Some guys like to put numbers or something on the end of their user name

Anyway, once I started typing in a user name in the advanced search box, I could wait a second and a list would show up below the box I typed in to offer suggestions of which user I might be looking for. I really liked that feature.

What about the reps? Try and hit the "new" Mr. red beans and see what you get.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Hussler
Postmaster

Originally Posted by F350-6
Anyway, once I started typing in a user name in the advanced search box, I could wait a second and a list would show up below the box I typed in to offer suggestions of which user I might be looking for. I really liked that feature.

What about the reps? Try and hit the "new" Mr. red beans and see what you get.
Tried it, both work here. what browser are you using?
I'm using Mozilla Firefox ...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
I'm guessing it's going to turn out to be one of those PEBKAC errors since apparently I can't post any of the little smiley's unless I type in : and ) with my keyboard. Also none of the little buttons above the reply box work so I can't insert pictures in a thread or anything like that until they fix my stupid internet connection. If I had a choice I'd switch, but they're the only game in town faster than 18.8 kbps. (insert mad smiley here) Edit: I'm using Firefox too.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Try and hit the "new" Mr. red beans and see what you get.
LOL , I'll try ...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Might have to clear your cache and cookies there budd.

With the way they have adds and things so integrated into these pages, I'm surprised they work myself some days.

Thank god for add blocker.

I use google chrome.
I'd use firefox, but chrome does one thing that the other ones dont. Each tab I open is its own separate browser window. If any of you saw what I do on my laptop on a daily basis, you'd **** yourselves. With firefox, its just one huge program. At least with Chrome, it recovers from crashes less.
Firefox is far more secure and safe. I still use that for any Monetary stuff.

Quick Reply: The OT Lets just complain Thread.