1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

help on price

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 AM
fish-albuq
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help on price

I have the opportunity to buy a 55 daully. The flatbed is off and the truck is in good condition, it runs and the body is nice. What is a good price? I will try and get a picture tomorrow. By the way the motor is a 292 which i believe is original.

thanks
fish

Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It really all depends on what your willing to spend on it. I paid 4k for mine and it ran so its all up to you...

Old 09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,469 Likes on 1,408 Posts
Anything under a grand for a big truck is a reasonable price. Obviously, the lower the better. There's a lot of big trucks in good condition still around and since they're are not very desirable (everyone wants a half ton, not a 3 ton) they're hard to give away in most marketplaces. At least, that's my 2c based on my experience from my part of the world. Your mileage may vary.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:39 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Anything under a grand for a big truck is a reasonable price. Obviously, the lower the better. There's a lot of big trucks in good condition still around and since they're are not very desirable (everyone wants a half ton, not a 3 ton) they're hard to give away in most marketplaces. At least, that's my 2c based on my experience from my part of the world. Your mileage may vary.
Ditto. I don't know what things are like in NM, but around here, big trucks go for about scrap price unless they are extremely nice. There just isn't much demand.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:51 AM
POS-F500
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
Ditto. I don't know what things are like in NM, but around here, big trucks go for about scrap price unless they are extremely nice. There just isn't much demand.
I've seen the same thing, and I think it's hilarious. Throw that big truck cab on a lil frame and you're good to go, and suddenly worth a couple thousand more. And the lil frames are not hard to come by either.. and that's not taking into consideration going to a new model frame.. which so many fellas with F100s do anyways!