Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Elder User

perryg114 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If I can just thread a plug where the nipples are that will be a permanant fix. If was major in the way when changing the plugs.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoss View Post
Up to you but I'd leave it as is, probably create a leak you don't want or need. Is it causing any problems for you now besides extra plumbing, leaks or ?
Old 09-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Senior User

Move over I'm coming is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
PCV Change '02 Excursion 6.8L

The PCV change is really easy. The non electric heated version.
Don't buy the PCV with the heater hoses as the valve is clipped to the hoses/tube and all you need to do is: Pull the top 3/8' hose from the valve, Pull the valve & tube assy. from the valve cover (leaving the coolant hoses alone) there is enough slack to do this. Use a small screwdriver to pry the clip off. Thus seperating the valve from the tube. Put the new valve in like the old one, reinstall the clip, Put the valve back in cover & reinstall the top vacume hose.
The valve cost me some $4.00 at NAPA and took me a couple minutes to install.
It is located on top of the passenger valve cover. 1-3/8" top hose & 2 smaller 3/16" or so coolant hoses attached to the horseshoe tube at the base.

2002 Excursion 6.8L 4wd
Gotta love those V-10's
Rich.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Junior User

Mr Hanky is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was just looking into replacing the PCV valve on my 05 f250 3v and the dealers are telling me it is only serviced as a valve cover assembly......Any ideas on where I can get just the PCV Valve?....Thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Junior User

Mr_Fast_Bucks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
I was just looking into replacing the PCV valve on my 05 f250 3v and the dealers are telling me it is only serviced as a valve cover assembly......Any ideas on where I can get just the PCV Valve?....Thanks.
I searched Ford Parts online and found this:PCV 2005 F-250 SD

Could that be it?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Junior User

Mr_Fast_Bucks, Thanks, I will check that out....
Old 10-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Junior User

Has anyone replaced the PCV valve on a 2005, F250, 3V? I purchased the one that was recommended but since through the dealer it is only serviced as a valve cover assy. I do not want to make a mistake replacing it. I looked and could find nothing in the service manual telling how it is done. I do not want to have to purchase the 200+ valve cover....
2005 F250 Lariat 4X4, V-10, 5R100W, 4:10, 20" MKW's, 35" Toyo's, 3" Magnaflow
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Elder User

perryg114 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You should be able to clean out the one you have. Get some carb cleaner and spray through it to get all the gunk out. Air should pass one way and not the other if it is working. It should also rattle. Some of the older engines have a coolant line looped around them and I think the new ones have an electric heater. Niether of these heaters is necessary unless you live where it stays cold for long periods of time.

Perry
Old 01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
New User

bonron is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did the problem go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by housedad View Post
Not yet. I havn't driven it much. But my oil consumption was high as hell. About one uart per thousand.

I will say that the hose between the PCV and the throttle body and the PCV itself were literally dripping oil when I removed them. A large amount of oil.

The new PCV has some resistance to air in one direction. the old one does not. Straigh blow through.

I am leaving on a 300 mile trip to Williamsburg tomorrow and coming back next week. I'll let you know what I find. I am changing the oil within the next hour to get ready for the trip so I will have a good baseline.
The oily PCV and Throttle body is also my problem,,how did you fix it?
Old 01-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Senior User

9mpg is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.9mpg is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
so i shouldn't be getting 8.8-9.3mpg? stock height, stock tire size, 95k miles, 4x4, 6.8 v-10
Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Postmaster

Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mpg View Post
so i shouldn't be getting 8.8-9.3mpg? stock height, stock tire size, 95k miles, 4x4, 6.8 v-10
Depends on how you drive it.
Warm up time, idle time, driving style,etc,etc,etc...
JL
2010 Lincoln MKT Elite-3.5L EcoBoost/AWD 14.41@96.27
Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac69 View Post
Where is the one for the 2000 V-10? Is it also in the valve cover?

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblkex View Post
+1 I was wondering the same for mine -- figured why not change it as well -- but wondering if anyone had a pic or more info for pre 2003

Reading through this wasn't clear if anyone found the 2000 V10 PCV. Anyone have pics?

Thx.
2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig rear, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old 03-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Reading through this wasn't clear if anyone found the 2000 V10 PCV. Anyone have pics?

Thx.
I was thinking the same thing........... Pics?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Mechanic By Necessity

Immortal_Ben has a very good reputation on FTE.Immortal_Ben has a very good reputation on FTE.Immortal_Ben has a very good reputation on FTE.Immortal_Ben has a very good reputation on FTE.
I am also interested in this.

"Lady Grey" - '05 F-150, 5.4l, FX4, 134k, 6" Rancho Lift, 35" Duratracks, Edge Evolution, Ranch Hand front bumper, Fiancée's truck
Old 03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I posed on the V10 site too.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...l#post10115697
2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig rear, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old 04-10-2011, 02:32 PM
New User

superjocko is starting off with a positive reputation.
If it was a snake, it would have already bitten you.

In reference to a few posts where the users still seem a bit confused about the location of the PCV valve:

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
Well then maybe I can cap off those lines and eliminate that much extra BS from the engine compartment. Not to mention the possibility of one of those hoses busting or leaking causing problems. I think the newer V10's have an electrically heated PCV valve which sounds like a better solution. Here is one drawing I found in the shop manual but it does not expound at all.

Click the image to open in full size.

Perry
^ That illustration shows the valve on earlier models, or a last where the hose connects to the valve. The arrow is pointing to where the hose slips over the nipple on the valve. The rest of the valve pushes straight into a rubber grommet in the valve cover. It should pull straight out, but may require a little twisting/coaxing. Spraying a little bit of silicone lubricant around the valve, while rocking it slighly in the grommet, often helps to make it come out more easily.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
10, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2v, 54l, 68, control, excursion, ford, inline, location, pcv, picture, sway, v10, v3, valve