Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wives of ex owners!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
We are fortunate to have 3 vehicles so the Ex is primarily relegated to snow and tow duty. My wife rarely drives the Ex and NEVER drives it while towing our 9000# TT. Plus she can't pull it out of the garage...well she can but she is afraid to because the mirrors 'tick' the weatherstripping on BOTH sides when going thru the door...you can always pull in the mirrors though. She will NEVER pull it into the garage if she has driven it as it is a very tough turn to get thru the door because we have a side load garage that actually requires backing up the driveway to negotiate the turn!...you better be sober pulling her into the garage!

Here is a quick picture of the garage...

Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
dave91gt
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Wife hates driving mine, but prefers to take it everywhere. She drives an 09 Wrangler Unlimited and I actually have to make the choice to take it out occasionally. We live on a narrow country road and she fears passing another car. You should have seen me trying to convince her to drive my old Mustang when we were dating. It is a 5 speed and she would burn the tires off when taking off. Now, I cant even get her to ride in it.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
2003 EXCURSION
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife absolutely will not drive mine! She has never even been behind the wheel of it. She prefers her Corolla, which I often remind her has a sewing machine engine under the hood, instead of a 'real' motor. I keep telling her that one of these days I am going to accidentally back over it in the driveway and just hear a little crunch, kinda like a soda can. When it bogs down going up hill I ask her if the bobbin needs re-threaded Mike

Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM
playboy4aday
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my X for her an she loves to drive it every chance she gets. She loves tkaing to to college and whatch peoples expresions when she gets out of it. She is very petit and asian to boot. LOL

Old 08-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Nosedive1
Junior User
We bought our X for my wife after we had our baby. She absolutely loves it to say the least. She actually made a comment the other day that we are going to have to keep this thing going for a lot of years since they don't make them anymore. Gotta love her

Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 AM
travs66
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife didn't want to drive it at first but now that she has driven it she likes it...a lot! I'm trying to talk her into getting rid of her truck, 99 4Runner, to get another X. She said she wants the 2011 stang instead...can't see why though......lol.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 AM
PROSTOCK
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
It's her daily driver and the kids love it. I don't really like driving it but it's paid for so....

Old 08-19-2010, 09:54 AM
cdnalpina
Mountain Pass
My wife loves the Ex but refuses to take it if she has to go shopping and try to park in a parking lot. Fair enough. The kids LOVE the Ex.

Ours looks like a swat truck and I have even had a cop come up to me thinking we were their swat team - true story. She loves how people move out of the way for her and when some moron is tail gaiting her, she likes that she has a very effective way of getting them off her butt with a little dose of soot.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Dads79
More Turbo
My wife enjoys driving ours. She hates parking it so she leaves it way out in the lot. I know I'm in trouble when she says I need the Ex and take out the back seat(big shopping). We just bought her a 2010 Escape,alot easier to get around in. But I still love the EX more

Old 08-19-2010, 05:18 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
I was hoping this was gonna be a photo thread. Disappointed. I'm outta here!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM
scottf4444
Elder User
Originally Posted by bpounds

Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
My wife loves our truck...she just can understand why her husband spends soo much time and money on it...she likes it high and tight with the "Mini-lift" and tuner...but now she's bugging me for a brake upgrade...

Old 08-19-2010, 11:34 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bpounds
Post your wife up here to get the ball rolling. (In the Ex).

Old 08-20-2010, 05:36 AM
baracade
Senior User
Originally Posted by cdnalpina
My wife loves the Ex but refuses to take it if she has to go shopping and try to park in a parking lot. Fair enough. The kids LOVE the Ex.

Ours looks like a swat truck and I have even had a cop come up to me thinking we were their swat team - true story. She loves how people move out of the way for her and when some moron is tail gaiting her, she likes that she has a very effective way of getting them off her butt with a little dose of soot.

I had an unexpected reaction to our EXC the first time I drove it to our branch office in San Antonio, the manager came out to tell me that all the employees were trying to run out of the back of the building! Our black EXC scared them, thought we were the INS.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:15 AM
cdnalpina
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by baracade
I had an unexpected reaction to our EXC the first time I drove it to our branch office in San Antonio, the manager came out to tell me that all the employees were trying to run out of the back of the building! Our black EXC scared them, thought we were the INS.
HAHAHAHAHAHA - that is awesome! Gotta love the Ex and all its manly magnificence!

Quick Reply: The wives of ex owners!