Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Senior User

DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The spacers from BORA in the previous posts from Amazon, are made from 6160 T6 aluminum billet. They are produced and machined in the US. These are not cheap china knock offs.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycis View Post
that black ex looks sick! love it

I think someone did the math in another thread about hub vs lug centric....and that you had very little to worry about in "shearing off" 8 individual grade 8 bolts....no matter how much you tow.

Click the image to open in full size.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post
The spacers from BORA in the previous posts from Amazon, are made from 6160 T6 aluminum billet. They are produced and machined in the US. These are not cheap china knock offs.

It is called 6061.

Personally I wouldn't trust any spacer on my X especially aluminum ones.

And billet only means any chunk of metal, it is not a magical metal.

Semi-finished casting products - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Senior User

xplodn is starting off with a positive reputation.
So the spacers from this Fred guy are the only steel ones available?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Senior User

ycis has a good reputation on FTE.ycis has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
so whats the story with that?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Senior User

DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DavenTn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
It is called 6061.

Personally I wouldn't trust any spacer on my X especially aluminum ones.

And billet only means any chunk of metal, it is not a magical metal.

Semi-finished casting products - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for number check... I'll do better next time. I don't think I implied "magic metal" and if I did, just for the record, it's not magical. Most high quality US aluminum billet is produced via continious casting method in Alcoa TN and yes...that does make it "special" but not magical. It's kinda my neighborhood so I'm pluggin' for my home town industry.

Your cast Aluminum wheels are more likely to fail then high quality aluminum spacers. However as I stated in my earlier post steel is more forgiving.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Quote:
you do realize that is the rear axle for a dually truck right? and I'm sure there is much more to the story than a simple stud shear.

Dually trucks have been running spacers for years and millions of miles. I'd bet money that damage is caused from a impact
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Post Fiend

That wheel came off during a TV show, scroll about half way down the page to see the wheel pic. Jennifer Brennan » robbie

She was just rolling along down the highway and "Hey look, there goes my wheels".

DravenTn: sorry I didn't mean for the post to come off like it seemed to. Sometimes I write these posts in a hurry and cut right to the point and sometimes it sounds like I am scolding, yelling, or what have you. I never intend that in any of my posts.

I meant: "Excuse me but I believe your numbers are off a bit, I believe it is called 6061 T6 aluminum alloy. I may be wrong though, I'd do a quick search to make sure. Have a wonderful day sir. Sprinkles!"

And yes aluminum wheels break quite frequently actually.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:53 PM
World Famous

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Holy cow Snow! Is that busted aluminum spoked wheel really epoxied together between the spokes and carbon fiber rim? That sounds scarier than lug centric aluminum spacers!
I think the back story on the pictured dually spacer failure was it wasn't installed correctly. When the silly 22.5" spacer/adapters were installed the wrong style lug nuts were used and either torque or stud length wasn't right, can't remember exactly but it has been discussed here before.

Tom 2005 Excursion XLT V-10 4X4, '04 SD 18"s, Modded X/B's, 35" Nittos, 4.88s.
'08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Ultra-Gauge, Banks Headers, 5 Star Tunes, GlowShifts, Ranchos.
ASPEN GREEN (Jolly Green Giant) Grey Cloth Interior, WeatherTech Mats.
'89 SeaRay 220CC 325HP Mercruiser Alpha, Full Camper Canvas, 11' Achilles 8HP Merc.
'14 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS TT, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy P3, TST 507RV TPMS, 61'.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Post Fiend

Nope, still wouldn't use them. :P

You guys can all enjoy the newer wheels with spacers, I'll stick with stockers.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Senior User

xplodn is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am still on the fence about using these wheels vs keeping my factory wheels and selling these. I am in to them for almost nothing so I am sure I can flip them for more than I am into them.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:04 AM
World Famous

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Quote:
Nope, still wouldn't use them. :P

You guys can all enjoy the newer wheels with spacers, I'll stick with stockers.

I won't run $pacer$ either Andy, I tow way too heavy for me to be comfortable with them, steel or alum.

My 18" SD take-offs are actually older than my EX and they fit right without $pacer$!

Tom 2005 Excursion XLT V-10 4X4, '04 SD 18"s, Modded X/B's, 35" Nittos, 4.88s.
'08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Ultra-Gauge, Banks Headers, 5 Star Tunes, GlowShifts, Ranchos.
ASPEN GREEN (Jolly Green Giant) Grey Cloth Interior, WeatherTech Mats.
'89 SeaRay 220CC 325HP Mercruiser Alpha, Full Camper Canvas, 11' Achilles 8HP Merc.
'14 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS TT, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy P3, TST 507RV TPMS, 61'.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
I won't run $pacer$ either Andy, I tow way too heavy for me to be comfortable with them, steel or alum.

My 18" SD take-offs are actually older than my EX and they fit right without $pacer$!

I am curious, ford made even the rear axle wider in the later years? Where is the difference in the front end, just spindles?
Old 07-06-2014, 02:00 AM
New User

tselden is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I go for the billet aluminum adapters instead of Fred's steel ones, is there a difference in the quality of aluminum ones? And can any one advise who has decent ones for sale.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Senior User

Try to find adapters which advertise as hub centric, T6-6061 billet aluminum from Alcoa.

Or get them from CTperformance.com
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 AM