What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Vwags
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mecdac
Nate, just guessing? Are you left-handed?
I'd go right handed. I think I would take the pictures with my dominant hand.

So the winner of the left or right handle battle 2015 is....

Old 07-19-2015, 01:34 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 01 EX PSD
Future Ford driver.
"Protect YouR Nuts"

lol!!

Old 07-19-2015, 05:48 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm home! So glad to be back in Alaska! Had a wonderful trip though.

I've been having issues off/on with a battery drain in the Excursion, so i left it unplugged from the trickle charger during my 9 days gone. To my surprise it fired right up..I had to whip out my phone to capture the moment haha

Old 07-19-2015, 06:23 AM
2wdDezlX
Elder User

This was Friday leading up to the Riffraff east event on the mountain ride.

There was 5 total excursions with us there. These really show how small my stock 05 is in the background. May be able to convince the wife to do a small lift!

Old 07-19-2015, 06:27 AM
2wdDezlX
Elder User

The dirt drags were cool. I wish I had mine ready to go because with my gearhead SRL tune it was much faster than these 2. I still need to check fuel pressure and a few other things before I get on it too many times. Next year it will be ready though, now that I know what to expect.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts

I WISH I could've gone....

What's sad is that this is the second time I've said that. Once about the 6.0 Power Rally in Grain Valley and now about RRE...

Next year, I will be there, maybe my truck might have a bigger turbo and injectors by then

Old 07-19-2015, 09:30 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Vwags
I'd go right handed. I think I would take the pictures with my dominant hand.

So the winner of the left or right handle battle 2015 is....
Ding ding ding. If I try to take a picture with my left hand it turns out about as crooked as Bruce Jenner

Cheers,

Nate

Old 07-19-2015, 09:57 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by nmclella
Ding ding ding. If I try to take a picture with my left hand it turns out about as crooked as Bruce Jenner

Cheers,

Nate
What's up with the blister on the left hand?

Old 07-19-2015, 01:44 PM
RobRoss
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Took the Ex, the dog and my little girl down to the lake for the dog to make a few retrieves on this hot and muggy day! We had a great time!

Old 07-19-2015, 08:22 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by mecdac
What's up with the blister on the left hand?
Lol hard work with a shovel is a big part of my Monday-Friday 8-4:30 job. No time for the . Work on most weekends and week nights with my uncle

Gotta work hard to pay the play bills

Old 07-20-2015, 12:56 AM
psycoreefer
Junior User
spent $100 on oil & filters. Swaped the stock air box for a 6637 filter. Flushed the powersteering system. Removed and cleaned all the intercooler and intake tubes on the driverside.

Passenger side pipes, oil change, fuel filter, and brakes all to come later this week.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:08 AM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Towed over to the beach for a Sandcastle Festival. 7.6MPG average for the entire trip, which was about 400 miles roundtrip. Haven't done a thing to the Ex since the Cherry Bomb went on, but it just keeps on rollin'.

(Edit for side story) Some guy buried a nice looking F350 diesel right at the entrance to the beach in Long Beach, WA and was stuck there for about a half hour. Reason: He didn't have the hubs in the front end, so he was only 2WD. I just can't seem to find a reason why you would intentionally disable A PERFECTLY GOOD 4x4, but me and almost every other person on the beach could've told him not to try to roll a 7000lb 2WD out into the sand. He sank like a brick as soon as he hit the soft stuff. I wouldn't dare take the Ex out there... The dude's diesel sounded fantastic though, but I think I was in the minority of impressed folks, since everybody leaving the beach had to walk by him spooling up a big sand storm.

Attached Images    
Old 07-20-2015, 10:49 AM
xcellent
New User
Long trip, no problems

Just bought my X about 2 months ago (2003 6.0) and had a long trip planned from Cali to Vegas, then on to see my folks in Colorado and then back home. Over 2000 miles total. There were five of us in the X with two small dogs, the back completely filled with luggage, tools, and crap, and a dog run cage strapped to the top. I did all the preliminary stuff i could think of before we left, changed all the fluids, put new rubber on, and just made sure there weren't any problems before we left.
Turns out, we had a great trip. I didn't experience a single problem with the truck. We had ample room for our travels. I got between 18 and 20 miles to the gallon. Diesel fuel in Colorado was only $2.45 a gallon. It was around $3/gallon as we got closer to Cali, but all in all I spent less than $300 in fuel. I'm so glad I traded the Toyota Sequoia for the X, couldn't be happier.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:13 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
Some guy buried a nice looking F350 diesel right at the entrance to the beach in Long Beach, WA and was stuck there for about a half hour. Reason: He didn't have the hubs in the front end, so he was only 2WD. I just can't seem to find a reason why you would intentionally disable A PERFECTLY GOOD 4x4, but me and almost every other person on the beach could've told him not to try to roll a 7000lb 2WD out into the sand. He sank like a brick as soon as he hit the soft stuff. I wouldn't dare take the Ex out there... The dude's diesel sounded fantastic though, but I think I was in the minority of impressed folks, since everybody leaving the beach had to walk by him spooling up a big sand storm.
The sand down there at Long Beach is deceptively loose, it does not take much to sink out there, especially if you do not know what you are doing.

That beach is the only place I have gotten the Ex stuck. I was towing a Cheby truck out of the high-tide line near the Seaview entrance, when I hit a soft spot and sank like quicksand to the floorboards. Luckily there was a fire rescue duce and a half out there, they made a great anchor (for legal reasons, they were not allowed to tow me) to winch myself out of the holes I had dug.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Just pulled in from the camping trip. All went great like usual! Pics some other time, tired now.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?