What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 02:41 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
Gated community = people giving up freedom for security
Yes to some extent, but there are lots of reasons why I prefer it. I've been out of that type of community for about 5 years but moving back in once my daughter is done with school. We moved out to be close to her school but really miss that lifestyle. Your welcome to call me if you would like to hear more.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
I have to vent a bit...

Ford seems to have a great truck, sure the 6.0L has issues but they are mechanical and can be corrected but what is the deal with Ford cars?

In 1995 I bought a new Ford Contour, we traded it in after 12,000 miles because the thing could not stay out of the shop after a transmission failure, water leaks, belts coming off and trim problems.

Step up to 2013, bought a Fusion and has been great up until 4 months ago, multiple electrical problems, Sync problems and 3 recalls. We just got the car back yesterday after it has been at the dealership for 2 months and it still has electronic problems with the Sync system. I have about had it with it!

I don't want to by a Government Motors or Dodge car but I have both in my fleet. My Pontiac Vibe and Dodge Durango have been good cars, both have had issues but nothing like this 2013 Fusion. I don't even want to look at it anymore yet the wife likes the color and wants to keep it. I will be calling the dealer on Monday and the Ford Rep I have been working with.

Just Frustrated

Old 04-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Bought stuff at harbor freight. Bought oil and filters (for Wife's Explorer/Son's Titan) and new wipers at O'Reilly's and got some Brooklyn Water Bagels - for breakfast all week..

Old 04-25-2015, 04:38 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
Bought stuff at harbor freight. Bought oil and filters (for Wife's Explorer/Son's Titan) and new wipers at O'Reilly's and got some Brooklyn Water Bagels - for breakfast all week..
Cream cheese at publix?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:43 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Just frustrated, at least you have the incredible Excursion...

I've been lucky with the mustang GT I purchased and later gave to my daughter. 10 years only thing ever done other than maintenance has been swaybar bushings and rear end leak. We now have 100k miles on it and daughter won't let me sell her first car. Lol

Old 04-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Just frustrated, at least you have the incredible Excursion...

I've been lucky with the mustang GT I purchased and later gave to my daughter. 10 years only thing ever done other than maintenance has been swaybar bushings and rear end leak. We now have 100k miles on it and daughter won't let me sell her first car. Lol
And everybody wonders why I will jump in the Ex on the weekends before anything else, I drive the Vibe daily, I would rather wear it out and keep the miles off of the Ex.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
And everybody wonders why I will jump in the Ex on the weekends before anything else, I drive the Vibe daily, I would rather wear it out and keep the miles off of the Ex.
Totally understand, I just bought an 05' H2 as my daily driver. I only put 2k miles per year on my toy but was doing 30k on the EX. So now I don't care or worry anymore.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:45 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to the car show today and I was one of the few to receive a recognition plaque Lots of people stopped by and talked diesel and Excursion. It was cool to see the draw, especially with all the nice classics there.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
We don't own any cars other then classics and my Grandmas Chrysler 300C's which have been awesome cars! The guy next door bought a new 2011 Fusion and it now has 30k on it. They had an issue with the rear end (AWD) this winter but otherwise it's been trouble free. Family Friends with a 2014 Edge AWD that now has 30k on it with zero issues.

Stuff happens nothing is perfect, but i understand how frustrating problems are.

I hope you can get it taken care of!

Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Here are some photos from the show...

Old 04-25-2015, 05:50 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Lastly, there was this Ex there, not part of the show, but a bit of a show all its own. 7.3 Harley Davidson Edition...

OUCH!!!

Old 04-25-2015, 05:51 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
I have to vent a bit...

Ford seems to have a great truck, sure the 6.0L has issues but they are mechanical and can be corrected but what is the deal with Ford cars? ...
My Pontiac Vibe and Dodge Durango have been good cars, both have had issues but nothing like this 2013 Fusion. I don't even want to look at it anymore yet the wife likes the color and wants to keep it. I will be calling the dealer on Monday and the Ford Rep I have been working with.

Just Frustrated
Dad always said FORD trucks not FORD cars, BTW your Vibe is a Toyota Matrix built at the NUMMI plant in CA.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:02 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Here are some photos from the show...

A '63 Split Window 'Vette

Old 04-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by mecdac
Dad always said FORD trucks not FORD cars, BTW your Vibe is a Toyota Matrix built at the NUMMI plant in CA.
Yup, Toyota parts are cheaper than parts for it from GM.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:35 PM
InmatesRunThePlace
Junior User
That sucks. I've considered an AWD fusion as my next car.
I have to vent a bit...

Ford seems to have a great truck, sure the 6.0L has issues but they are mechanical and can be corrected but what is the deal with Ford cars?

In 1995 I bought a new Ford Contour, we traded it in after 12,000 miles because the thing could not stay out of the shop after a transmission failure, water leaks, belts coming off and trim problems.

Step up to 2013, bought a Fusion and has been great up until 4 months ago, multiple electrical problems, Sync problems and 3 recalls. We just got the car back yesterday after it has been at the dealership for 2 months and it still has electronic problems with the Sync system. I have about had it with it!

I don't want to by a Government Motors or Dodge car but I have both in my fleet. My Pontiac Vibe and Dodge Durango have been good cars, both have had issues but nothing like this 2013 Fusion. I don't even want to look at it anymore yet the wife likes the color and wants to keep it. I will be calling the dealer on Monday and the Ford Rep I have been working with.

Just Frustrated

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?