Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 AM
LWW
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I have only bought one welder ever that had the right plug on it. I have a stack of plugs from 220v machines that I had bought and had to convert. They are all different all the time.
I have 6 different adapters for my Miller 210 but then I got the DVI and haven't needed them hardly at all anymore.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Drove mine yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks. It was happy.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Well I decided on the bumper I wanted and decided that I wanted that more than gears and a locker. Then Wendy said at tax time I could have both... then we noticed that her Highlander needs new tires so my getting both is up in the air Well yesterday I did something that took my bumper out of the equation. I am no longer getting it either. Wendy was against it and oddly enough said I deserved the bumper (we have ALWAYS had 3-6 cars, mostly CL cars I flipped) for selling off my last car and finally having us to a 2 car household again (the only way this will change is when we replace one of the vehicles and we have to sell one, no more project/flip vehicles for me). As much as I wanted the bumper I couldn't pass this deal up being as we really needed a new stove so I jumped on this deal and took her home I'm happy with the decision!

The best part was all 4 guys that helped me load it at Lowes all did that thing we love... I pulled up and got that "Sir, that won't fit in there" Then I opened up the rear and asked one of them to help me move the dresser I bought from Goodwill for $20 forward and then they said "With that dresser it's definitely not going to fit" then we put it in with room to spare

Old 01-26-2015, 07:35 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I spent about 30 minutes moving the stove into different positions in the X trying to get a good hold on it and in the end finally admitted that I couldn't even dead lift it. Even once I got it out of the truck it was to heavy for me to lift even once. There was no way Wendy could help me and all my neighbors are super dicks or super nice but over 80 (seriously) so I knew it was up to me. 99% of the time I work things out on my own so this would be no exception but there was no way for me to do it and I honestly had no idea what I could do. I was calling it quits and just happened to think of this

Last edited by Stewart_H; 01-26-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Sorry bud, curse words aint allowed in written form, or video form. Link removed
Old 01-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Ooooo, nice score! A nice brushed stainless backsplash would compliment that oven very nicely.

For the tire conversation I must say, we have had horrible luck with goodyear tires on all of our trucks. We will never ever have a goodyear on any of our trucks ever again. They have ruined two box sides and numerous platforms for us. They are garbage. That is all.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Ordered the SGii and BlendMount, should be here this weekend. Can't remember who mentioned the mount in another thread, but props to you. I had never heard of it and had no idea where to mount the gauge discretely.
**edit - props to Misky6.0 for the BlendMount

Fuel bowl o-rings also started to crap out, I can watch the fuel gauge move if I floor it and it smells like diesel fuel. Quick order from Bob took care of that, $23 for full fuel bowl reseal kit with MILSPEC blues. Those should be here tomorrow and going in ASAP - lost a 1/4 tank going a piddly 75 miles cruising the freeway, yeesh.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 AM
stpete
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
lost a 1/4 tank going a piddly 75 miles cruising the freeway, yeesh.
That sounds like it might be the passenger side fuel line. Hope your fuel leak repair doesn't go like mine.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by stpete
That sounds like it might be the passenger side fuel line. Hope your fuel leak repair doesn't go like mine.
That's what I'm thinking. Took a few peeks at the bowl during refueling, the two lines on the passenger side of the bowl were quite wet and diesely.

Anything that can go wrong typically does when it comes to me and my vehicles. Broke the 12-bolt in the Chevelle on street tires with a hot SBC, broke the 9" on my XJ on 37's with the diff unlocked (open), and overheated the 7.3 along with the in-radiator trans cooler line fitting snapping off.
Sooooo I may be researching your leak issues soon, lol.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Will it fit, she says...

Duh... you say....

Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I drove it for the work commute, guaranteeing rain instead of snow.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:59 AM
stpete
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Anything that can go wrong typically does when it comes to me and my vehicles. ... and overheated the 7.3 along with the in-radiator trans cooler line fitting snapping off.
Sooooo I may be researching your leak issues soon, lol.
Ha, sounds like my luck with this truck. Mine was leaking at the bowl, but the big leak was the passenger fuel line. Videos on Youtube for each make it pretty straight forward. The only thing missing was removing the sensor that blocks access to the fuel bowl bolts (1" deep well socket and a wrench on the line to keep it from twisting). Also, be careful putting the fuel line back on the regulator. It breaks off without warning, necessitating replacement of the regulator and line. Regulator is cheap pot metal, you expect to feel it bottom out, but you don't it just breaks off. Diesel O-rings sells a nice billet replacement (unless you already have the riff-raff kit). May just want to get that to start since you seem to have my luck

Old 01-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by stpete
... Diesel O-rings sells a nice billet replacement (unless you already have the riff-raff kit)...
Are you referring to the FRx from Clay? If so, way ahead of you - that went on last year along with the HPX.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:14 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Is it my imagination or do these oil burners have a lot of fuel leaks?

Old 01-26-2015, 12:23 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Is it my imagination or do these oil burners have a lot of fuel leaks?
It's your imagination

Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
It's your imagination
^^^ X 2 on that ^^^^^

Unlike the gassers that leak out the exhaust.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?