What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by sammie0126
Man you rock!

Chevies are like a rock. They say it all the time.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:31 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes it is too many hours but I do love what I do. Wears me out at my old age sometimes though. One of these days I'm going to retire and buy a yacht! LOL
And that day I'll show you how it won't cost you a dime to own

Old 12-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Real jobs can be at home...most days. Put this in my house when it was built 14 years ago. If I'm not at one of the complexes getting my truck dirty, or in the garage fixing my truck, I'm here....and my average is about 70 hours a week so real jobs can be from home.

nice office, hubba hubba!

Old 12-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 12-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it wasn't with my Ex, but my f250, left Lake Charles La and took the travel trailer to Watford North Dakota. 1850 miles in 44 hours, left in shorts and flip flops but had to change by the time I got to Nebraska haha. Now have to figure out how to winterize the camper so I won't blow through too much propane.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Watford, ND! That entire state is a soul-sucking purgatory and I would rather go back to Iraq for a year than spend another week in that place.

BTW, John, most guys up there use hay bales under their rigs.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Watford, ND! That entire state is a soul-sucking purgatory and I would rather go back to Iraq for a year than spend another week in that place.

Yeah, hopefully I won't be here long. My friend/supervisor is changing companies he works for and I decided to stick with him because he takes care of his guys. Waiting on a big job in Pa he's gonna be in on, trying to get it on from the start. Think it'll be a good deal. just gotta be here "a month or two" lol.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Watford, it used to be a beautiful place...the boom has really destroyed what i loved about northwestern ND. I remember going back as a kid and feeling like i was in a time warp. When i was last back in 2011 i did not get that feeling at all.

So since the temps are back down below freezing i decided to wash my poor Ex! It had road grime up the windows! Everyone said that had to be the dirtiest they had ever seen my truck. Well $15 and 45 mins later at the do it yourself carwash fixed that.

before
Name:  20141210_171314_zpsrxrg6hay.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  801.8 KB
Name:  20141210_171319_zpsniaocueu.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  431.6 KB

After, it looks like a new truck!
Name:  20141210_173612_zpsjfaoeipx.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  816.3 KB

Old 12-10-2014, 10:18 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AlaskanEX, when I was reading an earlier post from you about waiting for it to cool off so you could wash the Ex I thought to myself that man is nuts. It didn't dawn on me until your most recent post that if it cooled down enough and the ground surface froze over that you wouldn't be slinging grime all over it. You can tell when a man don't live where it really gets winter.

LOL...the more age I get on me the less that I can take the cold with wet. I used to keep my vehicles cleaned and waxed all year. Now if it gets below 55* I find someone younger to do it or it will wait until spring.

I did do some hot tent camping last Janurary in NC, TN , WV, and ME. It was cold but it wasn't so bad as long as I stayed dry.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:32 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by FordxFour
AlaskanEX, when I was reading an earlier post from you about waiting for it to cool off so you could wash the Ex I thought to myself that man is nuts. It didn't dawn on me until your most recent post that if it cooled down enough and the ground surface froze over that you wouldn't be slinging grime all over it. You can tell when a man don't live where it really gets winter.

LOL...the more age I get on me the less that I can take the cold with wet. I used to keep my vehicles cleaned and waxed all year. Now if it gets below 55* I find someone younger to do it or it will wait until spring.

I did do some hot tent camping last Janurary in NC, TN , WV, and ME. It was cold but it wasn't so bad as long as I stayed dry.

haha yeah, i suppose that would confuse some people. Since we don't use salt here when its below freezing the roads stay frozen and you can keep it clean a long time. Typically middle of winter when we get a good sub zero stretch of temps i'll do my winter detail and polish, wax them. This year the temps have not gotten cold! its hardly dropped into the teens for temps and no real snow to speak of. I hate these freeze and thaw cycles.

Part of the reason i've been driving the Excursion is because when it was below freezing a week and a half ago i washed my F-150 up and didn't want to get it all nasty.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:07 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Jmatthews
Well it wasn't with my Ex, but my f250, left Lake Charles La and took the travel trailer to Watford North Dakota. 1850 miles in 44 hours, left in shorts and flip flops but had to change by the time I got to Nebraska haha. Now have to figure out how to winterize the camper so I won't blow through too much propane.
Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben

It's not that bad of a place guys. I hate to say it, but all the bad crap has come into the state with people from out of state.......

As for the camper, a lot of that foam insulation is used on slideout walls, and as skirting. Electric heaters help too....

Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Wish I could have one of those job things I miss working 60 hours a week (sometimes). God has a reason for everything though, so I guess I just need to keep searching for my purpose

Old 12-11-2014, 10:14 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
It's not that bad of a place guys. I hate to say it, but all the bad crap has come into the state with people from out of state.......

As for the camper, a lot of that foam insulation is used on slideout walls, and as skirting. Electric heaters help too....
I saw a thing on TV where the oil boom was causing people to work long hours, taking meth drugs, crime up, prostitutes moving in, etc etc.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by EXv10
I saw a thing on TV where the oil boom was causing people to work long hours, taking meth drugs, crime up, prostitutes moving in, etc etc.
That's it. The meth is a nation wide issue and honestly it drives me up the wall. Wife works for walgreens and is a pharmacy tech and has to ring up ****ing meth heads all day buying sudaphed. They'll come in 3-4 at a time each buying the limit they can buy smelling and looking like *** and there isn't a damn thing she can do about it. Her pharmacist and her agreed to refuse to sell it (they have that right) if they suspected it was for that but after a few weeks corporate noticed the 90% drop in the sales of it at the store and demanded it not be prohibited.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:02 PM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally done with the new Oil Cooler gaskets and O-rings.
The EX is happy again!
I never want to do that again, that frigg'n oil cooler holds oil for days!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?