Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
I thought it was EPA or something that put an end to Xs.
Nah...

As soon as GM released the H2, the EPA and other tree huggers left the Excursion alone and stayed on the H2.

Some enviornmental groups even went so far as to vandalize H2s whenever they saw them. Windows were broken, trucks were egged, tires were slashsed, "E-Hate" was even spray painted on a few.
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Studded, Deleted, Flo-Pro'd, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood, sweat, and tears by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
i thought it was obama outlawing cool cars.
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Post Fiend

riggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Nah...

As soon as GM released the H2, the EPA and other tree huggers left the Excursion alone and stayed on the H2.

Some enviornmental groups even went so far as to vandalize H2s whenever they saw them. Windows were broken, trucks were egged, tires were slashsed, "E-Hate" was even spray painted on a few.
What the hey?!?
2001 4x4 7.3L PSD X Limited, cowl induction hood, slotted rotors, AIS severe duty intake, Munster exhaust, Edge Juice programmer, 05-07 front end conversion, Harley headlights, 4" BDS all leaf spring lift, 20" KMC XD Revolvers on Nitto Trail Grappler 35s, John Wood Stage 1 Trans, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Don't flatter yourself, cowboy, I was lookin' at your truck
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Posting Guru

az_r2d1 is a splendid one to beholdaz_r2d1 is a splendid one to beholdaz_r2d1 is a splendid one to beholdaz_r2d1 is a splendid one to beholdaz_r2d1 is a splendid one to beholdaz_r2d1 is a splendid one to beholdaz_r2d1 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I thought it was EPA or something that put an end to Xs.
They wish.
But they're working on it.
There is this thing called CAFE which dictates the average fuel economy of a manufacturers entire fleet.
8500+ gvwr vehicles weren't part of it, but that's changing, or they're trying to change it.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Yeah, super dutys and X's were exempt. We will have to see what cafe pulls out though. The new cafe standards are pretty aggressive.
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Posting Guru

TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by archtaan View Post
Yeah, super dutys and X's were exempt. We will have to see what cafe pulls out though. The new cafe standards are pretty aggressive.
FYI... For car and truck enthusiasts, the CAFE is our enemy.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz View Post
Good job Rob !! Sounds like you had a busy day. Now I just have to say I thought I had OCD bad but you have me beat!! By looking at the way you have things laid out and all organized. And let's not forget the nice clean concrete driveway. You make me feel like a real slob because whenever I am working on something it looks like a bomb went off and stuff everywhere. Note to self: clean up before the next time Rob comes over so he doesn't see the mess.

By the way, did you do the catch can back into intake or to outside ? Did you make one or buy one?
Do yo have any photos of your pressurizer for intake? And how many lbs of air pressure you use?
LOL...yes I do have OCD. I cant stand when crap is scattered everywhere plus when i'm looking for a tool I need it to be right under my seat and not 10 feet away where I have to step over things to try and find it.

I hate oil stains on my driveway also thats why I have drip pans under my 2 73 crewcabs, 1 in the garage and the other on the driveway. My garage floor is so clean you can eat off of it.

I have the CCV hose running out to the middle of the X and truck and I made my own.

The pressure cap is 3" and have a 30 psi gauge on it because the gauge on my air compressor, the marks dont start till its 20 psi so wanted to be able to see every psi going into my intake. I put 10 psi in and worked great.
Attached Images

PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Post Fiend

riggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputationriggers has a superb reputation
Rob you are reminding me of my hubby...........
2001 4x4 7.3L PSD X Limited, cowl induction hood, slotted rotors, AIS severe duty intake, Munster exhaust, Edge Juice programmer, 05-07 front end conversion, Harley headlights, 4" BDS all leaf spring lift, 20" KMC XD Revolvers on Nitto Trail Grappler 35s, John Wood Stage 1 Trans, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Old 08-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Rob you are reminding me of my hubby...........
Is that good or bad?
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Post Fiend

Wonderful and awful all at once sweetie.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
So you taking the X and the girls out to the track any time soon Riggers?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Post Fiend

Maybe, I am trying to buy a house down by my sister so we have a place to stay and visit at. If everything works out I'll be down there the next night of races. Never know tho.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

So will that be another house or are you selling off the homestead?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Post Fiend

Not moving. But my kids need family. Without hubby there is no one here. I guess my kids need two villages! lol. The problem with staying in hotels IS......legally because of fire code only 4 people can be in a room. So, I have to stop at 10 hotels to find one that a.)will overlook 6 in one room, b.)has a suite that can room more than 4 people, or c.)lie about how many will be staying. So, I give up, I'll buy a second home. LOL.

This house is worth a LOT more than what they are asking, but it needs some repairs, all of which I know how to do. They just completed the inspection and the report came back just as I expected. So I'm thinking I'll buy it, fix the things that need fixing. Then put it on the market for what it is really worth, and, either it will sell, or I will keep staying there until it does. LOL

Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

Its a good time to buy right now, that is for sure Riggers!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
20x10, bouncing, excursion, f250, f350, ford, fuel, hydro, wpt943