Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:16 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
So this thing broke on me while on my way to Salem...

The lever that activates it broke loose and Stan spit out all of his coolant through the side. It poured slowly, so it didn't smoke. I was cruising at 70 MPH, so I didn't smell it. I hear a ding and my idiot lights are on, Check gauges, check engine, and the Temp needle buried.

I switched it over to heat and pulled off the side of the highway to take a look at what happened. Saw a nice steady stream of steam pouring out the side of this valve. I pulled it off and tried to block it and re attached it. Dumped the extra water bottles I had in the res, and started it up. Didn't fix it, but I got off the off ramp and to a near by gas station and began my search for an auto parts store nearby. No dice. Did find one in The Dalles, OR which was only 18 miles away. I called them up and they were as clueless as I was on what that part was called. They had some in stock but were definitly the wrong size. They did, however have a hose connector with 2 3/4" barb fittings on each side. I was able to talk a tow truck driver into picking those up and bringing them to me via my insurance's road side assistance. They got paid for towing an 8000 lb vehicle 22 miles or so, and I got my 6 dollars worth of parts to get to Salem.

Gaaahhh!

I will be carrying an assortment of double ended barb fittings with me from now on

Also, where the hell can I get the right heater control valve? Mine are a 3/4" pipe, all of the one's i've found are 5/8's. I probably need to search harder, but maybe someone just so happens to have a link copied

Sounds like you caught it before a potential catastrophe.

Where are you from? I'm in Springfield, an hour south of Salem.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:22 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
I fired the Ex up early this morning and headed down town to the convention center for a "snow show" trade show for us snow industry to show off products and talk with customers.

Since I had to be down there at 7AM I got a great parking spot just across the street.

we gonna get snow this year or something? seems like thats a thing of the past, should start selling beach *****.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:22 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Nothing today but made an appointment for Monday to have my red-head installed, steering fluid flush, alignment, oil and filter change, fuel filters and transmission flush (Dealer). From there I'll take her to get the wheels balanced on the vehicle, then to the spa for a full detail.

I drove her a bit yesterday and noticed some vibrations at 65mph...

On another note, taking a quick road trip Sunday to coco beach going to miss not driving the Ex ( only vehicle I use for drives over 200 miles).

they gonna fix the oil leaks while it in the shop?

Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Where yoy been Skip?

Old 07-24-2015, 05:25 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Where yoy been Skip?
been busy doing summer stuff like that snowman in frozen

Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
they gonna fix the oil leaks while it in the shop?
I think it's beyond repair, I should have stuck to the V10...

Old 07-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by A Rodder
Sounds like you caught it before a potential catastrophe.

Where are you from? I'm in Springfield, an hour south of Salem.
Yeah! It could have been really bad if I wasn't paying attention! Still blew almost all of my coolant out, but got it stopped and cooled down before it caused any engine damage.

I'm from North Eastern Idaho, Lewiston/Clarkston area.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
New raised floor over the rear end (so car can be lowered), new caltrac mounts, new shock mounts, new panhard mounts, and some other odds and ends, finally a new aluminum exhaust to finish it off. New slicks and wheels this year too. Car ran a 9.90 last time on just motor, gonna turn the bottle on this year and shoot for the 8's.

Name:  WYLrYOn.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  631.5 KB

Old 07-24-2015, 10:23 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
New raised floor over the rear end (so car can be lowered), new caltrac mounts, new shock mounts, new panhard mounts, and some other odds and ends, finally a new aluminum exhaust to finish it off. New slicks and wheels this year too. Car ran a 9.90 last time on just motor, gonna turn the bottle on this year and shoot for the 8's.

I've been in a car that constantly ran 10.30 on the track.....people think they have a fast car... until they have been in a car like that (or yours) they have no idea!

What a rush.

I bet that's a blast to drive!

Old 07-24-2015, 12:21 PM
2wdDezlX
Elder User
Saw this one today

Old 07-24-2015, 09:45 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Parked the EX in front of the house today to take the Falcon for a spin. Left it there so my wife could take it (Falcon) tomorrow. I heard an engine running in front and looked out to watch a guy on a crotch rocket take a picture of the EX, typed a text, took a pic of the house, typed and then took off. Im thinking, as I load an extra mag, that he was scouting cars and saw mine as easy pickins. Pic of the mark and my address to his crew and 4am, my truck gets nabbed. Quick to hook and book as its in the street. So, I put it in the driveway and put the cop car behind it. Time to put a kill switch in it.

Hoping I dont have a story to tell in the morning.....or need bail. I dont take these types of things lying down. I work too hard for what I have and theres no way anyone will take it from me without a fight.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
Parked the EX in front of the house today to take the Falcon for a spin. Left it there so my wife could take it (Falcon) tomorrow. I heard an engine running in front and looked out to watch a guy on a crotch rocket take a picture of the EX, typed a text, took a pic of the house, typed and then took off. Im thinking, as I load an extra mag, that he was scouting cars and saw mine as easy pickins. Pic of the mark and my address to his crew and 4am, my truck gets nabbed. Quick to hook and book as its in the street. So, I put it in the driveway and put the cop car behind it. Time to put a kill switch in it.

Hoping I dont have a story to tell in the morning.....or need bail. I dont take these types of things lying down. I work too hard for what I have and theres no way anyone will take it from me without a fight.
I feel for you and wish you all the best luck with this. Last time somebody tried to steal my truck it was at the top of the driveway. Luckily I had woken up to pee, heard them out there, and confronted them. There was three of em, they started at me... I shot one in the thigh with a PDX .45 with my 1911.

Haven't had problems since then. I did lose my pistol for seven weeks as evidence, but got it back without incident afterwards. I do love Texas sometimes...

Old 07-24-2015, 11:25 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Haven't had problems since then. I did lose my pistol for seven weeks as evidence, but got it back without incident afterwards. I do love Texas sometimes...
That is why we should have more than one weapon.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
That is why we should have more than one weapon.
Benelli fills the gaps

Old 07-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Watcher58
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Took Megatron on a trip to the carwash 80 miles away. Little bit of rust converter and painting underneath the front. Also listened to my brand new Hawk Quiet slot rotors and my Hawk heavy duty pads squeal like a pig. "Quiet" "Squeal" -am I missing something?? Put some anti squeak lubricant on the rotors but we'll have to see if the shut up.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?