1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

what John was doing back when he was working on his truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 10:31 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 733 Likes on 262 Posts

Everyone pay attention...

In next issue of Classic trucks (April ? May?) isn't it February now ???

anyway... another installment of what John did when he actually was doing stuff the first time on his truck?

Kevin Lee was nice enough to buy my piece on hanging pedals... he used a little 'editorial license' and added a little to placate his advertisers... but it didn't hurt too much... I think his check will heal the wounded pride

hope it of some use to someone... magazine signings will be scheduled at Billy Ray's discount magazine outlet in the near future... look for the announcement on the bottom of the fireworks sale signs !!

later

john

Old 02-09-2003, 10:58 AM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey cool, I look for it since I subscribe to Classic Trucks. Hey will you be providing the pics for you to sign at Billy rays? Might have you sign a few and stick'em on ebay.

Old 02-10-2003, 04:24 AM
Kai
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking what John was doing back when he was working on his truck

John, ... are we going to see your face (... or just your big fingers like we see when we check George's web site) ?

Too bad that they don't sell the mag in Germany. I just grab them while being over there, but that's just two or three of the 12 copies a year. Yes, I could subscribe, but with international mail that is not that cheap.

... so maybe you can scan and e-mail me ?!?!?

Old 02-10-2003, 08:49 PM
PJS55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

Maybe you could do a signing session at the forge. i'll certainly bring my copy. And hey when are they going to do the second half of your tilt front end story or did I miss it.

Regards, John

Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 733 Likes on 262 Posts

you guys .... always trying to make a buck off me...

E-bay has banned pics of me... sorry...

there will be no pics of me in the article... didn't want to take a chance of screwing up a good digital camera..

pictures will not be provided but I will sign any bald head that requests it... and for the ladies... other body parts will have to be negotiated with my wife/manager.. well.. she tries to manage me

Kai... I'll scan and email as soon as it comes out... not that you need any inspiration from me to finish your truck... you've done more in two months than I have in two years

John... the tilt hood had been removed and put in the back of the garage till the front suspension is complete, which has been abandoned until other family committments have been completed.. which are being drug along by inlaws that don't want to do a @#$$%& thing but complain.. but hopefully soon things will be moving again and we can finish the suspension then put the hood back on and finish it and the article and turn some more $$$s

later

John