Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summary of Findings

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM
qbert
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summary of Findings

OK, so I didnt have much time yesterday, but I tinkered with the volt meter to find out some information on my voltage issues. I didnt get to test much, but I did get to test the TFI module. According to the diagram located Ford Fuel Injection Wiring Harnesses, pin number 4 showed no sign of life. Granted part of that wire shows a ground, perhaps shared ground for the TFI and the ignition relay.

Is this normal or do I need to look elsewhere?

Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 PM
qbert
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??

Any thoughts??

Old 06-25-2010, 04:25 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Kinda hard to say without much context, I take it this pertains to your post on the 14? Think it said 14th?

If so did you try another TFI modual?

My boys Bronco threw that code, 18, I tested the circuit for continutiy to ground both ways from the spout jumper port. Didn't have any either way key on or key off so knowing the TFI was old anyway, a new one was cheap, we just swapped another one on it.

The code never returned and the motor ran better, like it had before again. The reason we checked for codes because he stated he didn't think it ran right and the fuel mileage was down.

Maybe not a correct test for code 18 but it worked, after all it does say "IDM circuit failure or SPOUT circuit grounded" Well as near as I could tell it was not grounded!

If this has nothing to do with it perhaps you should return to the original thread, if there is one, really the best option if there is one. That way everyone has all the info and is on the same page with you.