Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Good Place to Rent Near Allen Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Place to Rent Near Allen Park

Just wondering if anyone has any inside info on good places to rent. I am doing my internship right now with Ford, and in the event I would be offered a full time position I would be looking for a place to rent. Right now I am at Fountain Park North in Southgate. It is a nice place, however if my GF and I move down here from MN, we would like a place that is in a nice neighborhood (gated community?) and has a deck/patio that we can grill on. Maybe even a garage or something.

Any Ideas anyone?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Depending on how much you have to spend, you may even want to look at renting a house. There are a lot for rent out there.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was actually thinking about that. At first I was expecting to pay about 700/month. Hoever i've done some shopping around, and besides the place i'm at now I havent been able to find anything decent for that. So I guess I would probably go as high as 1,000/month. I would honestly like to just buy a house out in the country with about 5 acres of land, however I dont want to jump in a house right away, then find out I dont like my new job (if I am offered) and then be SOL with a house payment.

My inital plan is to rent for at least a year or 2 depending on how things go. However I want to find a place that is nice and that I can stand for 2 years. Out of 4 apartments i've lived in, only 1 has been one that is worth spending any amount of time in. It was the only 1 with a patio that we spend alot of time grilling outside and just checking out the stars together (GF and I). So that is pretty important to us.

At this point I am willing to pay a little more to get something that I will like, and live somewhere that I dont have to pull the pioneer radio and edge programmer out of my truck in fear of having it stolen.

Is the country southwest of here any good? I saw a pretty nice house here 22900 Carleton West Rd, Sumpter Twp, MI, 48111 - MLS #29119793 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® but I dont know anything about Sumpter TWP. I dont want to move somewhere that I will have a bunch of hillbillies for neighbors who will steal my stuff