6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:35 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by srkr
My AIRSTREAM year model is a 2010 25' International CCD Signature series.. Just bought it in February. I'm 42 years old and my wife and I are planning our retiremant in advance. Buying it now while we have disposable income. ......
Taking it to Key WEST in 11 days, just my son and I. He's 17. We're gonna stay a week back up to the ocean. Gonna take our time and spend about 2-3 days driving there and the same coming home. Snorkeling, fishing, and just relaxing....

5'oclock style,...in paradise.

SHane
You will see my black SRW 6.7 makings the rounds in the Keys. I live in Islamorada. Real nice campground down by Key West, it's called Bluewaters.

Safe travels.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:05 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
I've heard of bluewater...little to far from key west. I,m staying at el mar resort rv park...close to Boyds. I hope its nice enough. Have u heard of it?

Old 05-30-2010, 02:56 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

No I haven't.....but, it should be OK.....doubt you will spend much time there anyway.....have a great time.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Joe Meg
New User
I picked my 6.7 up two weeks ago, the day after i brought it home i noticed that it was leaking powersteering fluid, took it in to the dealer and they said they would have to order me a whole new steering box...other then that I love the truck< taking it in next week for hopefuly the last time.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:16 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Meg
I picked my 6.7 up two weeks ago, the day after i brought it home i noticed that it was leaking powersteering fluid, took it in to the dealer and they said they would have to order me a whole new steering box...other then that I love the truck< taking it in next week for hopefuly the last time.
There was a problem with the initial run of vehicles regarding the power steering. It was resolved and supposed to be repaired on the ramp before any of the vehicles got away from Ford. This was one of the reasons for the initial delays in production. Clearly, yours didn't get fixed.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:10 PM
ErnieT
New User
I will first say you have a very nice truck. I had an '06 PSD that I traded for an '08GMC duramax, that I traded for a 2011 Ford PSD. Hands down the 2011 is the nicest truck/ car I've ever owned or driven. I only have about 300miles on it, but already averaging 20mpg. I've heard upwards of 24mpg not out of the question. I don't ***** this thing either. This truck is also the most powerful I've driven. In fact, its faster then my GMC and '06PSD were with tuners and exhausts. If you can afford it, get the new one. I love the A/C seats lol...

Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Roller150
Senior User
Not all the parts are American on the 6.0. Still its an American company you are buying from so I dont see a problem.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
conger
Posting Guru
My 2 cents. Keep the 07 for a while anyway. Get it paid off and enjoy some payment free years. Mine's been paid off for a couple of years now. The FICM went last month, so what, it was the first off waranty repair I've ever had to pay for. You've got a nice truck. It looks like you've spent a few bucks on after market goodies as well. Enjoy it and think about the 500 plus month your not going to be spending and that your insurance premiums won't be going up as well. BTW...nice trailer.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:21 AM
R Storie
New User
2011 6.7 Diesel

I got my 2011 F350 Apr 30 have driven 5000 miles with 2700 pulling various camping trailers. Love my truck! 70 mph less than 2000 rpms with a 6500lb trailer. Getting on average 4 more mpg than my 6.4 was.

I did have a problem with the truck at first. Oil overheating!! Come to find out the tube that carries oil from the upper oil pan to the cooler was left out by the factory.

I have always heard you don't want a truck built on Friday or Monday, well mine has a Saturday 10 Apr build date!!!

All is good with this truck.

R Storie

Old 05-31-2010, 09:25 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by R Storie
I did have a problem with the truck at first. Oil overheating!! Come to find out the tube that carries oil from the upper oil pan to the cooler was left out by the factory.
Aw, man, that is ridiculous. How can quality control let something like that happen?

Must have been just after siesta time on the line.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by bpounds
Aw, man, that is ridiculous. How can quality control let something like that happen?

Must have been just after siesta time on the line.
This was one of the start-up issues that caused the initial delays in production. Ford had to park thousands of Super Duty's until they received this "repair". It's a perfect example of a start-up oversight. Not a problem with the truck, but a problem with getting everything in order for mass production. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when the Ford execs realized they forgot to install the oil return tube. Can you imagine their consternation when the light bulb came on? "We forgot to install the what?"

I read somewhere that they had dozens of techs crawling around under the trucks in the parking lot installing the tubes. They had a similar problem with a power steering line as well.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:06 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
This was one of the start-up issues that caused the initial delays in production. Ford had to park thousands of Super Duty's until they received this "repair". It's a perfect example of a start-up oversight. Not a problem with the truck, but a problem with getting everything in order for mass production. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when the Ford execs realized they forgot to install the oil return tube. Can you imagine their consternation when the light bulb came on? "We forgot to install the what?"

I read somewhere that they had dozens of techs crawling around under the trucks in the parking lot installing the tubes. They had a similar problem with a power steering line as well.
mass production build is a hard job. and then throw in changes over time (especially at startup!)..

sam

Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 AM
idaspud
New User
Thanks guys

Thanks guys for your opinions and I took them very seriously, BUT, after driving the new 6.7 and the power and the dash and the mileage claims, and the transmission and and and, and, I went ahead today and have one coming this Friday.

I really liked my 6.0 but it was gutless compared to the new one and the mileage was not that good. I wanted to wait another year too but there was just a too good a trade-in offer to pass up. Got a one-ton, Lariat crew cab with the short bed and ALL the goodies coming. Will be pulling a 12,000 pound fiver with it and am hoping to get around 12 to 14 mpg instead of 9. Will let you know.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Originally Posted by asphaltman
Im telling you the 2011 is going to be tough to top...Just go drive a Lariat one, you'll see..

Told ya so!! Congrats and be sure to post some pics !!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,011 Posts
Originally Posted by idaspud
Thanks guys for your opinions and I took them very seriously, BUT, after driving the new 6.7 and the power and the dash and the mileage claims, and the transmission and and and, and, I went ahead today and have one coming this Friday.

I really liked my 6.0 but it was gutless compared to the new one and the mileage was not that good. I wanted to wait another year too but there was just a too good a trade-in offer to pass up. Got a one-ton, Lariat crew cab with the short bed and ALL the goodies coming. Will be pulling a 12,000 pound fiver with it and am hoping to get around 12 to 14 mpg instead of 9. Will let you know.
I would be real interested in what you actually get towing the same with the new rig and with the old one.

Quick Reply: Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??