6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I owuld read the "lifetime" agreement real close. that is dealer sponsered and not fords program.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
My nephew is available. You know how hard he works
I would but someone would have to move. I would also need to find a backer for a few k's worth of things like insurace and a few tools that are high dollar.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Chris1450
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My American vehicle dealer always has a loaner for me for the times I went in on waranty. It has more to do with the dealer than Ford.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the new 6.7 will be a helluva truck,but i have one of the so called bad 2003s and at 177,000 runs like a dream.ball joints, alternator and an icp sensor.i'm happy

Old 07-03-2010, 01:26 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by bpounds
It just wouldn't be right to dump her for some younger good looking bimbo down on the corner lot. Although I would enjoy a test drive.
Wife or truck,you got to hang on to the good ones.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Joe Meg
New User
Well so far my 6.7 f350 has 1200 miles on it and I had the steering box replaced cause it was leaking but it didnt seem to help, still leaking...now I have a check engine light on and the motor is leaking oil, been back and forth to the dealer about six times

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
JReinert
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well so far my 6.7 has 7300 miles on it and I had nothing but pleasure driving it. NO problems what so ever.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am up to 3300 miles, not one hiccup yet. I have to say I sure like just getting in my new truck and going anywhere. No nagging, haunting thoughts about what may be down the road in repairs. It may be too soon to claim a complete success but the early reports are sure encouraging. I am very glad I listened to my good friend Cheezit and bought a 2011 6.7.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:51 AM
57fomoco
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find it a little funny that people complain about the new 6.7 being made in Mexico but are just fine with their International built Power Strokes. International is owned by Nissan/Renault. Nissan took I/H over and changed it's name to Navistar many moons ago. I personally would rather have my truck or car built by Ford, an American company where ever their factory happens to be. I have been in the repair industry since the mid 1970's and I realize that all manufactures buy from many sources, unlike how Henry originally tried to do every thing in house. I was real happy when Ford decided to do their own Diesel engine. I test drove a new 6.7 and a new 6.2 gasser a couple weeks ago and was impressed by both of them. Ford is really doing a great job on there new products. If my 06 wasn't in such good shape I would be awfully tempted to buy a 2011.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:54 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 57fomoco
I find it a little funny that people complain about the new 6.7 being made in Mexico but are just fine with their International built Power Strokes. International is owned by Nissan/Renault. Nissan took I/H over and changed it's name to Navistar many moons ago. I personally would rather have my truck or car built by Ford, an American company where ever their factory happens to be. I have been in the repair industry since the mid 1970's and I realize that all manufactures buy from many sources, unlike how Henry originally tried to do every thing in house. I was real happy when Ford decided to do their own Diesel engine. I test drove a new 6.7 and a new 6.2 gasser a couple weeks ago and was impressed by both of them. Ford is really doing a great job on there new products. If my 06 wasn't in such good shape I would be awfully tempted to buy a 2011.
Exactly right. Ford is an American company fighting to compete in a global market. A harsh reality for any player in that market is that they have to be good partners globally. There is a good reason why Ford decided to have their engines assembled in Mexico and that is likely due to labor costs. Could they have setup the assembly plant in the US? Sure, but would the market be willing to pay another $2,000 overall for the truck? Maybe, maybe not. The fact is that our Super Duties are built in America by Americans as much as possible and I'm ok with today's realities of building a world-class product in today's global market. Keep it up Ford. At least you aren't taking tax-payer money to pay the bills.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:57 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Originally Posted by Joe Meg
Well so far my 6.7 f350 has 1200 miles on it and I had the steering box replaced cause it was leaking but it didnt seem to help, still leaking...now I have a check engine light on and the motor is leaking oil, been back and forth to the dealer about six times

Something is leaking from under the dash, probably the steering box.....it is some sort of oil.....it leaked on my Husky Liner so I was able to get a good look will continue to monitor.....Soon as I can I will take it to the dealer to have them look at it.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 AM
scottman70
Posting Guru
Just don't feel safe to buy another Ford diesel. I love there trucks but I spent so much money on my current truck and it has failed me, numerous times. I feel like Ford burned me and did nothing to make it right! If Ford extended our 6.0 warranties and made our engines right I'd consider this new truck. I'd like to see Ford take some resposibility for the previous products that had well known problems before I shell out $thousands$ more dollars to them! We 6.0 owners did and still are getting screwed to this day with thes engines! I really hope the 6.7 is reliable though for you new truck buyers!!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Chris1450
Senior User
My 6.0 has 100,000 miles on it. It had 2 oil leaks, the snap connector, and three injectors changed in it's life. I don't consider that bad. Yes there were people who got burned. but that engine was made by navistar. This is Ford's engine. And after the nose bleed that they got from the 6.0, you can bet your last dollar that they made sure that big problems won't happen with this engine. I'm not afraid of the 6.7 at all.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:25 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
I don't think we can assume anything.

We cannot assume that Ford learned anything from the problems with the 6.0. Nor can we assume that learning anything would prevent another blunder.

We cannot assume that having been burned by a 6.0 once, means that you will get burned again. Not even by another 6.0, and certainly not by another generation of engine.

We cannot assume that the extensive testing Ford claims to have done, will mean anything for real world owners.

The only thing we can assume is that time will tell the tale. And that is what the OP is asking. It's probably too soon to know much, but then we cannot assume that either.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Chris1450
Senior User
You have to assume to a certain extent. The market now is tighter that it ever has been. The logical conclusion is that Ford is working hard to keep the business afloat. It is a gamble to the consumer just like investing and buying a cheeseburger that may not be hot. Logical assumption is in all parts of our life. I am comfortable with Ford's business model at this point and I trust there work on the 6.7. I also understand others who don't. I think they are being illogical, but that is just my opinion. My biggest concern and may wait is any upgrades they may do in 2012. Like put paddles on the steering wheel instead of a stupid button on the shifter.. and maybe a power increase to keep up with chivie.

Quick Reply: Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??