Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the DiamondBack cover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:08 PM
cford716
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D-mon
I agree when i emailed a local dealer that sells them for $700-$800 MORE than buying directly from Diamond back!!

Hows it for dust?? Does it keep it out good??
Also Cford716 what model did you get?
I have the SE with the Line-X. The HD would have been nice but I couldn't justify the added cost, I really didn't need it. I like the SE, holds 400lbs, you can walk it no problem. I don't notice any dust. If you get any it would be from between the tailgate and the bed at the bottom. (from under truck) I think there are seals that you can get for between there if you wanted one.

I also got 4 extra cleats, if you plan on tying anything down on it you will want them. They do not install them so you can put them anywhere you want. Wish I had gotten the low profile cab guard, that will be my next addition.

Customer service at Diamondback was great, very helpful.

PM me if you want the referral code for $50 off.

Any other questions just let me know.

Also, mine came UPS to the freight facility. I had to pick it up there. It comes secured to a pallet, they just put the whole thing in my bed.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
D-mon
Senior User
Thanks Cford716
I will remember that when i get closer to ordering one?

Also does the HD model come with extra cleats to begin with?

Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 AM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by D-mon
Thanks Cford716
I will remember that when i get closer to ordering one?

Also does the HD model come with extra cleats to begin with?
Not that I am aware of. Just give them a call, their customer service was great and answered all my questions.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I picked up an extra set of cleats at my local hardware store. I think they were less than $10 for a pair, plus a few bucks for hardware. I put them on the center unit.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:32 PM
krman
New User
Weight Limit on Bed Rails with Diamondback cover??

I also have looked at this cover over the years and had concerns for a couple of reasons.What are the Load Limits on the actual top of bed rails as this is the load bearing surface.I need the HD model.

When my son got an atv and we needed to haul two rather than getting a trailer we bought a two atv side loader but chose to go with a unit that placed the load in the bed floor.

Eventually my daughter joined the riding group and a trailer just seemed to work the easiest so the atv rack was sold.

Now my son has moved on to his own apartment and tow vehicle so I'm back to thinking of dropping the trailer. I like the diamond back look and it fixes a problem my atv rack had-
After a nice day of riding you loaded back up just to have all the mud picked up drop and cover your bed contents all the way home.......

Their website even shows a Yamaha rhino loaded up on a shortbed f250 and eventually it will just be the wife and I so any thoughts on the HD model they sell?

Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by krman
I also have looked at this cover over the years and had concerns for a couple of reasons.What are the Load Limits on the actual top of bed rails as this is the load bearing surface.I need the HD model.

When my son got an atv and we needed to haul two rather than getting a trailer we bought a two atv side loader but chose to go with a unit that placed the load in the bed floor.

Eventually my daughter joined the riding group and a trailer just seemed to work the easiest so the atv rack was sold.

Now my son has moved on to his own apartment and tow vehicle so I'm back to thinking of dropping the trailer. I like the diamond back look and it fixes a problem my atv rack had-
After a nice day of riding you loaded back up just to have all the mud picked up drop and cover your bed contents all the way home.......

Their website even shows a Yamaha rhino loaded up on a shortbed f250 and eventually it will just be the wife and I so any thoughts on the HD model they sell?
I have the SE. Never really thought about any problem with the side rails. That 1400 lbs capacity is spread out all the way around so I wouldn't think it is a problem. I stand on the rail with no problem so you figure that is close to 200 lbs put in a very small point compare to the weight of an ATV spread out over the entire bed.

Like I said previously I contacted their customer service several times before I purchased one and they were very helpful. Give them a call and voice your concerns, see what they say.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
D-mon
Senior User
Thanks for the info!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
HowarD1
Junior User
Seems like when I ordered mine there was no freight charge if it was shipped to a business. This was 6 years ago though. Might be worth it to ask; then maybe arrange for someone with a commercial location to take delivery for you.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 AM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by HowarD1
Seems like when I ordered mine there was no freight charge if it was shipped to a business. This was 6 years ago though. Might be worth it to ask; then maybe arrange for someone with a commercial location to take delivery for you.
I think you are right, I just didn't know anyone to have it sent to.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM
tikka
New User
Originally Posted by cford716
PM me if you want the referral code for $50 off.

Any other questions just let me know.
Sir is it still possible to get the referral code for a discount? thanks Joe

Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
tikka
New User
btt........where are you bud.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by tikka
Sir is it still possible to get the referral code for a discount? thanks Joe
Sorry didn't notice this until today.

It say's : To receive your $50.00 mail in/online rebate, write in the below promo code on your online or mail in warranty registration card. B9434U

This can be used by anyone, no limit on the code.

Thanks.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
tikka
New User
Originally Posted by cford716
Sorry didn't notice this until today.

It say's : To receive your $50.00 mail in/online rebate, write in the below promo code on your online or mail in warranty registration card. B9434U

This can be used by anyone, no limit on the code.

Thanks.
Thanks appreciate that. Did you ever have any cover to box freezing issues causing inconvenience during opening/closing? NOt sure if are in a warm or varying climate zone. I recall someone on another forum posting freezing /sticking issues causing them to regret their purchase whenever the temp dropped low enough.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
magnumacF250
Freshman User
I have also been looking at the HD unit for my truck. Need to haul two quads. two things that I wonder about is,

One, would the corners start to warp upward when I strap the quads down to it by the cleats?

Two, how well is it connected to the truck? that is a lot of weight pretty high up trying to rip the whole thing off.

the line-x sounds great, I like the polished look but would hate to buff it several times a year to keep it nice.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by magnumacF250
I have also been looking at the HD unit for my truck. Need to haul two quads. two things that I wonder about is,

One, would the corners start to warp upward when I strap the quads down to it by the cleats?

Two, how well is it connected to the truck? that is a lot of weight pretty high up trying to rip the whole thing off.

the line-x sounds great, I like the polished look but would hate to buff it several times a year to keep it nice.
I don't think the corners will start to warp up, these things are pretty solid. My SE is held on by four "C" clamps (like those used to hold on canopies) in the middle and then the locking mechanism at each corner. I've never seen an HD model, but I'd guess it is held on in a similar fashion.

The Line-X treatment is the way too go. I love being able to throw stuff up on my cover or shove it around in my garage (when I take it off) and not worry about the surface. If mine has any dents or scratches, they're blending in nicely because I can't see them.

As for freezing, the cover will freeze to the rails when it gets cold. I've got a gnarly ice scraper and use it to pry the cover open during the morning "Ice Scraping" olympics. It usually opens easily.

The cover isn't perfect by any means, but it's held up great for me. If I was to do it over, the only thing I'd change is to get the HD model.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the DiamondBack cover?