Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Completed Major Restoration & Modification Projects, Announce only NO replies

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:23 PM
mclaughlin31
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My project isn't done but I thought some people might be interested in some of the modifications I have made thus far.
The truck is a 77 ford F-100 2WD, started life as a 300-6 with three on the tree. Now it has a 468 Big Block with D3 heads, roller rockers,4X4 comp Cam, HV oil pump, eldebrock intake and water pump, holley fuel pump, L&L headers, motor mounts, and pulleys, Ford Racing Tall Valve Covers, engine painted by hand with POR-15 medium ford Blue engine paint. I have a TCI Streetfighter C-6 tranny, an Auburn Pro-series differential. The frame is painted charcoal grey metallic.
The Cab is painted hot-lips red(I know, I know )
The cab received new floor panels, new cab mounts, new rear floor section, new roof(terrible job, think seriously before ever putting a hole in your roof).
The front speaker, defroster holes, cowl vent holes, antenna, cowl badge holes, heater blower hole in firewall have all been shaved, also filled all the holes in the cowl, including the cowl seal holes, the windshield washer hose holes, all plugs and screw holes. Also shaved the drip rails(job made easier by having the roof off, also filled the front and rear roof seam to make them smooth. On the inside the glovebox, cig lighter, ashtray have all been shaved. I also made a plate out of aluminum thats going to house my autometer ultralites.
I have a few various pics in my gallery, I know that I love to check out everyone else's galleries when they do something a little different, so figured I should share also.
Before anyone ask, I'm only going to drive this in the summer on good days, hopefully no need for heater or windshield washers, I really want to keep everything as clean and smooth as possible, and I guess I have to give a little in order to do that.
Take Care, and hope everyone likes.
James

Old 02-02-2004, 08:36 AM
crewcab77
Mountain Pass
Post Mods to my truck

Lets see the mods that i did already. Pulled out the tired 400 and replaced with a fress 460. 3in exhaust with raven mufflers. Replaced the front bench with a set of 96 ford windstar buckets. ( had dodge seats in before and got alot of slack for that). Center console out of a 99 ford superduty. Upper console out of a mini van(dodge). Recovered the headliner and door panel inserts. New carpet. replaced the 4:10 gears for 3;54. Things i want to do yet full restoration. Power windows,power door locks, Ac.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:38 AM
toyotaguy
Junior User
73 F100

73 f100
started out as a standard cab long bed
now is a super cab short bed
73-96 fiberglass front end conversion
roll cage front to rear
21.5 inches of travle in fornt
20 inches of travle in rear
351 winsor and built c-4
thats just a little taste
projects almost donehttp://www.prerunners.net/membersrid...es.asp?page=99
ps click on the pic then scroll down

Old 03-06-2004, 08:44 PM
sigtauenus
Senior User
Major cosmetic surgery complete: New paint, new shiny parts, new interior upholstery, carpet and dash pad, all new weatherstrip, etc.

Pictures updated in my gallery along with a "before" pic.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:27 AM
xfoa_chad
Junior User
ok heres my old

http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/sho...hreadid=155485

now for the new

I am currently working on a early 77(76 late) f-150 short bed

i picked up a 2000 wrecked police interceptor with 36000 miles on it

we cut the crusier and removed the police special 4.6 and auto tranny carefull to take all the wires and harnesses including the o2, tank and guage pod we will be transplanting this into the truck it willl have a 3.55 9" with molser axles we will be installing shorty equal headers upside down and reversed i bought some flange plates to bolt 2 thats right 2 mistubishi te04 to each header i have located a dual inlet intercooler with a 4" outlet that will run to the acufab 80mm throtle body it has cobra injectors on the motor already so i wont have to up grade that. i hope to have this completed by next spring to compete in the true street and truck division of FFW and NMRA .. We hope that it will put out about 675 to the wheels with run out on the turbos at 10 psi all under the 6000rpm mark

i will be making my custom subframe connectors like i had on my old truck

Old 04-19-2004, 11:05 PM
quadrazer
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Finished my dually conversion!!

Well, the body is done! I finally finished the dually conversion and it looks pretty good! While not perfect (my first ever attempt at body work), it turns a head or two! Sounds good also with the 460 flowing through a flowmaster exhaust! Just some interior and minor engine work left to do. Check out the pics in my gallery! Hope everyone likes it!!

Old 05-10-2004, 12:19 PM
dabmdb
Freshman User
Photos of new Skyjacker 4" Suspension Lift

I just posted in my gallery before and after pictures of my 75 F250 4x4 with newly installed Skysjacker 4" suspension lift and new shocks for anyone who is interested.
Don

Old 06-08-2004, 10:19 AM
74f100
Freshman User
Finished the 302. Also got wheels on yesterday.
302-.040 over, performer cam, intake & carb. 1 5/8 headers (will be 2 1/2 with flowmasters). Accel billet dist. Runs and drives awsome, and been running about 18-19mpg.

Old 06-18-2004, 01:31 AM
RealMenDriveBigBloks
New User
1979 F-150 long bed $800 with a 302, 2bbl. Project was to swap in a 460.

Got the 460 w/C-6 from the local salvage yard, out of a 1973 lincoln continental. It had been sitting in the weeds for 2 years. Had all the brackets adn pulleys (miraculously). Stripped it down completely, had the block dipped, magnafluxed, ultrasonic'd, bored and honed (.060 over). New custom polyeurythane motor mounts so it mounts in to the stock 302 towers. Turned the stock crank 0.10 and magnafluxed the stock rods. Got some KB hypereutectic pistons with 10.7:1 compression on the stock 92cc cast iron heads, which were completely rebuilt with new valves, Crane roller rockers and stud mount conversion kit, comp 280 series Magnum cam, comp push rods and new hydro lifters, comp double helix springs. Edelbrock Torker II single plane manifold, Edelbrock 800 Performer EPS carb, Hedman headers, dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, comp double roller 3 key timing chain, Edelbrock high volume mech. fuel pump. B&M shift kit. MSD Digital 6 Plus brain, MSD billet distributor, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD Super Conductor wire set, Melling HV oil pump, Milodon baffled oil pan, stock water pump. No mods to the deck height or heads. New lighter stronger shorter drive shaft.

We moved the stock mounts back about 2 inches so the new electric fan woudl clear the pulleys. Ripped out the heater system, core, blower, tubing, even the control on the dash. Ripped out the radio too. That space is now occupied by the new gauges and the control switch for the burn out rev limiter.

We found the following nearly hilariously messed up situations from the previous owner.

The motor mounts where held on by 2 extremely loose bolts on each mount, the mounts where not in the stock position either (hence why there where only 2 holes for each mount). The tranny mount was broken and only 1 bolt even holding the piece on. The thing had so many vacuum leaks the brakes didnt work right. One motor mount wasnt even bolted down. The vacuum advance wasn't even connected, with no vacuum line run anywhere near it, so it didnt just fall off. He got a tall air cleaner, which then wouldnt fit with the stock stud, so HE CRUSHED IT TO MAKE IT FIT But he had some cheap *** chrome valve covers and air cleaner. The valve covers leaked oil so bad I dont think he used gaskets The poor thing wouldnt barely run.

Oh, and this guy's dad OWNS a MOTOR SHOP and rebuilt this engine, he even SIGNED it, like he is some famous engine rebuilder :lol:

Me and my buddy gave this thing some desperately needed TLC. First we fixed all the PO's bullhockey. Eventually we just decided she needed a new power plant, the old one just wasnt cutting it, wouldnt barely turn the tires on gravel unless you locked the converter first.

This diamond in the rough had the following going for it though. Ford 9" Posi. No rot on the cab area except the floorboards. No frame rot. Suspension was in good condition, except it needed new bushings on the king pins. new shocks, new tie-rods, etc.

The engine shop I used (NOT this guys oh god, oww my head hurts just thinking that this guy actually works on peoples stuff) didnt bore it right the first time, it was way loose, and they missed a giant pit on the #4 cylinder wall, they said ti was .030 over but we think they honed it to .040 trying to get the pit out, then tried to BS us saying it was low enough it wouldnt matter. I measured it from the deck and it would have had one or more rings crossing it every cycle. I made them rebore it to .060 and they nearly had to buy new pistons since they pressed the .030 over ones on the rods already. Lucky for them the speed shop took them back and just made us reuse the old pins and charged us the shipping fee.

After putting it all together I only have one problem now, the damned tires just want to roast at the slightest touch of the throttle, which I suppose is a good thing

Now thanks to me and my buddy fixing all his riggins, its runs great, turns tires AND heads with the touch of a throttle!

Last edited by RealMenDriveBigBloks; 06-18-2004 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
BigGreen'77
Senior User
Ill spare you the details and just say with the addition of some decent seats, a new winch, and some new carpet, my truck is 99% finished.

Its a '77 F-150 4X4. See my gallery for pics & Specs.

Old 06-27-2004, 07:57 PM
towtruck
Senior User
I have a 77 F150 4x4 that I bought in December 03. I ran it for about a month but I was freezing from all the air blowing through the holes in the cab so I pulled it into my garage and started repairing. I finished the body work and paint about 2 months ago and have been running it every day sense. It is just a work truck so I didn't get to crazy with the body work but I welded in new metal where there was rust. I have a 400 engine at the machine shop to replace the old one thats in it now. Once that is done I will just drive it. Hopefully for along time.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:26 AM
nikbass
Freshman User
1977 Ford F-100

See my gallerie.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:55 AM
78f250lj
Senior User
Part II

Hello everyone!!!

I made a new album that has pics of my truck after restoration. Enjoy

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=10404

Lenny

Last edited by 78f250lj; 07-26-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:55 PM
79Supercab
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bolted on Warn Brush Guard & Winch Mount

I thought I'd show the Warn brush guard/winch mount. I got it off of EBay, then had it sandblasted and powdercoated brown to match my truck. I've been looking for one for many moons.......and they don't make them anymore for these years.

Pictures may be bigger if looking at my gallery.

Last edited by 79Supercab; 08-07-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:59 PM
79Supercab
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Added Bronco seats & console to '78 F250 SC

Thought I'd show the seats & console I mounted in my truck. The passenger seat folds forward just like when it's in a bronco. It makes it relatively easy to get the kids out of the back.......not that it could ever be easy....

Quick Reply: Completed Major Restoration & Modification Projects, Announce only NO replies