West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

Northern WV GTG 4/10/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja
Whew... we finally made it home. What a long day but we all had a great time at the G2G! Tammie's right, I think the little one had the most fun with her new best buddy Dave Apparently a full blown playground plus a TV in the truck playing a dinosaur movie is just about the perfect combo!

Oh yeah, I did fail to do the introduction thing Mrs Jason's name is Susan

I'll post up some pics and such tomorrow after getting caught up on the ZZZZ's. Been awake for about 22hrs now
GLAD to hear you made it home.....

And it was a great pleasure to meet Susan!!!! (Dont worry, it's a 'guy' thing)

Rest up.....it is coming around again in a month!!!

PM on the way to Susan!!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
BTW......I got to meet Brenda (Mrs Joe) yesterday, too......we had talked a bit on facebook but meeting face-to-face was pretty Frenchtoast Awesome!!!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...53#post8755953

Old 04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
It was great meeting the gang. We do need to get a little bit more participation.

By the way, Tammie is working on our Banner. She will surprise you with several to chose from later.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok... time for a mini trip report of yesterday. The day started at 4am as I took the scenic route from Green Bank to Nutter Fort by way of Charleston

First a stop at Cathedral Falls in Gauley Bridge

Then a potty break in Gauley Bridge. If anyone needs some 100 octane, they sell it! $5.95/gal

Then a side trip to WV Tech since I haven't been there since about 2002.

After about 3 hours in Pinch, we headed up I79 to the G2G. The food was delicious! I'm a sucker for ribs and they weren't cold yet even though we were late

It was great to meet all the folks, talk trucks, put names with faces and all that good stuff. Kudos to Joe for traveling so far even though his weekend time has been cut short lately and also Kudos to Dave S for getting it all set up. I tried to rep you guys but I gotta spread it around some more first.

I spent more time talking trucks then taking pics of trucks but here's one I took of the whole fleet in attendance.

Finally, here's a pic of my little girl watching a little bit of TV in Dave's truck

Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
nice pics, Jason......I love your little girl, I just wanna hug her.....LOL

And I didnt get to see under Cheetos hood, the only one I missed

Old 04-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I think Matty would have been anyones friend if they got her out of a truck running around for a while, she sure had fun on the slide and looking for flowers.

As for the TV, I may have to look though the tapes we have here, I can probably find something she would like better than Jurassic Park.

Still a good day and glad to meet everyone.

Tammie, it's not the tech challenged so much as I have a hard enough time typing on a full sized keyboard.

Damed if I am going to try typing on a phone keyp[ad with my big fingers.

Notice I left the mistakes I gert to many times on a full sized keyboard.

Still think I do OK for never taking typing when I was in school, even if I do have to back up and correct some mistakes.
Personal computers had not been invented when I was in school, and I saw no reason I needed typing.

As for under Cheeto's hood, he had the only truck there that you could see the pavement on both sides of the engine almost the entire engine compartment length.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:24 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Dave Sponaugle
I think Matty would have been anyones friend if they got her out of a truck running around for a while, she sure had fun on the slide and looking for flowers.

As for the TV, I may have to look though the tapes we have here, I can probably find something she would like better than Jurassic Park.

Still a good day and glad to meet everyone.

Tammie, it's not the tech challenged so much as I have a hard enough time typing on a full sized keyboard.

Damed if I am going to try typing on a phone keyp[ad with my big fingers.

Notice I left the mistakes I gert to many times on a full sized keyboard.

Still think I do OK for never taking typing when I was in school, even if I do have to back up and correct some mistakes.
Personal computers had not been invented when I was in school, and I saw no reason I needed typing.

Now, Dave.....ya know I was just poking fun atcha.....LOL.....I enjoyed our leaning on one another!!! You really made me feel welcome!!!! THANK YOU~~

Old 04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish I could have made it. Sounds like everyone had a good time! I had family in from Michigan and Kentucky this weekend and my mother inlaw has been in the hospital for over a week now.

Jason-Cathedral falls was a great stop! I have lots of photos from there. I do a lot of fishing in that area from Cotton Hill all the way to Kanawha Falls

Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Maybe you can make it to the Charleston area meet on May 8th!!!

I am gonna rally some of these folks in our area and see if we can get a bit bigger turn out!!!!

PS....Dave!!! are you related to anyone by the name of Ashley Sponaugle from the Charleston area???
We work the same place, never heard the name before here on FTE........is it a very common name in WeeVee???

Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by PreciousOne
Maybe you can make it to the Charleston area meet on May 8th!!!

I am gonna rally some of these folks in our area and see if we can get a bit bigger turn out!!!!

PS....Dave!!! are you related to anyone by the name of Ashley Sponaugle from the Charleston area???
We work the same place, never heard the name before here on FTE........is it a very common name in WeeVee???
That would certainly be more within my budget

Old 04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by KevinGnWV
That would certainly be more within my budget

MINE, TOO!!!!

and, now you have pert near no reason not to be there

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by PreciousOne
MINE, TOO!!!!

and, now you have pert near no reason not to be there

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
Well, considering the mine I normally work at is in Marmet...I'd say you are right And I will do my best to attend.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Well, considering the mine I normally work at is in Marmet...I'd say you are right And I will do my best to attend.

YOU are right outside my door, while at work!!!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Sponaugle

Yeah, she's always been really good natured and always seems to have fun no matter what she's doing.

Dinosaurs were definitely the right subject for a movie for her. She's really been into those the past few months.

Jason-Cathedral falls was a great stop! I have lots of photos from there. I do a lot of fishing in that area from Cotton Hill all the way to Kanawha Falls
That's cool! I drove past those falls a few times a week for about 5 years while I was going to/from tech. They're really nice in the winter when they freeze.

I went to Chas that way for "old time's sake" yesterday... to show my little girl those falls, "where Daddy went to school", and a few other things. I wanted to stop at Hawk's Nest too but we were short on time.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja
Yeah, she's always been really good natured and always seems to have fun no matter what she's doing.

Dinosaurs were definitely the right subject for a movie for her. She's really been into those the past few months.

well, and I quote "I am really getting into Steamboat Willie lately"

YouTube - SteamBoat Willie

Quick Reply: Northern WV GTG 4/10/10