Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Something to consider related to our chapter.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like that idea

Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 PM
texans
Postmaster
Originally Posted by F350-6
Undecided. Do we really have enough traffic in the Texas section to divide our-self up in smaller groups? If there's a Houston get together, post it for all to see in case any one gets a wild hair and decides, why not? Otherwise just the local Houston folks will answer.
I agree on the traffic deal. That's what I want to see pick up. Then look into the idea of smaller groups. Maybe just divisions but then with the g2g deals the leader could post it for everyone to see.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:30 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texans
I agree on the traffic deal. That's what I want to see pick up. Then look into the idea of smaller groups. Maybe just divisions but then with the g2g deals the leader could post it for everyone to see.
Maybe something you may want to start looking at considering I believe you are to be the new leader in time.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:36 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YO

I like the map idea, but the Q on do we have enought members
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Members List
I think so
do we have any intrest? Minimal

I know that it would be easier to meet and greet if we were in districts and had district leaders however I am okay with trying the map idea.

In any case I review the history of our chapter and there is minimal involvement. Im for what ever it take to make a positive change.

As I posted at teh start of this thread this is something that we need to decide has value or not and then let the new leader gauge the way.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:57 AM
hannahbarie
Senior User
YEA,YEA ,This would be great I'm for it.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
From one who started the Delaware Chapter.

A leader does not make the chapter, its the chapter members that make a great chapter.

A good leader does keep the chapter active by appointing members to help with the chapter activities.

With the tools FTE provides, a chapter leader has the ability to mass pm chapter members to keep them up to date on chapter activities.

The worst mistake that a leader can do is to think he can do the job alone.

It's been a few days, has anybody, doesn't have to be the leader, stepped up to create the Texas Member Map?

Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
texans
Postmaster
If someone don't get it going before mon or tues. I will do it on Tuesday. With it being Easter weekend I won't have time to get to it till then.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
DITTO

Originally Posted by texans
If someone don't get it going before mon or tues. I will do it on Tuesday. With it being Easter weekend I won't have time to get to it till then.
Scotty
I can understand that. I can help but I think that I will have to wait until maybe Sunday after noon or so. Just depends if I have to supervise any more repairs at the worksite. Finshed one unexpected one this morning after 4.25 hrs. I sure hope i dont get any more calls. I have not looked closely at the post the gruff made on the map as at the time it was getting late.

Just want to make sure that none of my comments are made to imply that the leader has all of the work to do. The leader leads and has visionary ideas the members help through active participation.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Rocky my comments were not directed at you or any one member. They were intended to let all know that it takes members to make a chapter active.

It is great to see so many of you willing to step forward and help with the growth of the TX chapter. Something that has been lacking for some time now.

So you all know, I am here to help in any way possible. Keep in mind though that I am not here to do the work that members should be doing.

Congrats you all who are stepping up to the plate and willing to share in the work of building the chapter!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:40 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
George
Thanks for your support. Wasn't quite sure on the other post so thanks for clearing that up.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
I would do the map but it involves an electronic aptitude that unless it has oil or grease coming out of it, I would be of no use.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:33 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
I think the chapter will be a success and start to grow because of us here that are willing to make it grow. I passed out about 7 spotters cards at the car show today

Old 04-04-2010, 07:23 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Good Job Robert
Printed 20 myself

Old 05-08-2010, 04:09 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DRRXR
Since there is currently a nomination on going for a new Chapter Leader, I read in that thread the expectations guide of the new leader and this caught my eye.<O</O
<O</O

4. Meets & Gatherings: For Chapters with membership "pockets" or large geographical areas, "Districts" or "Divisions" may be created within the Chapter to facilitate gatherings or events.<O</O
<O</O

This could work for our chapter especially considering the size and the pockets of members that are geographically dispersed around the state.<O</O
<O</O

If the option passes then we would have to think of a method to create Districts and that’s where we would need the support of the new Chapter Leader and Moderators.

If it passes then the districts could be formed by gathering a collection of regions into a singe district and say have three or four districts.
Texas by Regions
Please VOTE here on this thread if you think that this is a good option or is not a good option.<O</O
<O</O

Please start your post with a vote of ----Yea or Nea
Bump
GTG Vote - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Old 05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
texans
Postmaster
I think this is somthing we need to look into. I just dont know where to start with making the regions.

Quick Reply: Something to consider related to our chapter.