Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

April VA Chat Thread... All Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
i dont think id even travel an hr just to meet people... might do the yearly GTG up in PA... but that would really depend on if i wanted to go to ohio or not... and most likely by time i got to PA id just want to continue to ohio...
if i was going that far i'd go hang out w/ my uncle in dayton lol

hadnt looked... figured u had a nice one like everyone else around here... you could come fix the last few in mine if you wanted lol..

lol nope its a truck (good) it was affordable (good) i can work on it(good) but it is one massive rust bucket lol (not so good) - and i can't even remember the last time idrove to va beach lol think i was around 15 years old lol

all the ranges around me have like $100 for 1 year memberships... can go as many times as ya want... some will allow you to bring in guests too on the memberships... but i let mine expire.. (didnt like the new range master... felt more like shooting him than the targets by time i got on the range)... and the one closest to me caught fire and injured 7 people that were using the range...
its 13 bucks to get into the range at cove campground - can shoot pretty much whatever i want for as long as i want and no rangemaster to jerk me around plus the wife and lil stinker can go fishing while i shoot lol

Old 04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by mortalis09
if i was going that far i'd go hang out w/ my uncle in dayton lol
lol sounds like were similar minded there...

lol nope its a truck (good) it was affordable (good) i can work on it(good) but it is one massive rust bucket lol (not so good) - and i can't even remember the last time idrove to va beach lol think i was around 15 years old lol
ive got a truck and a stang... truck i traded my 87 cutlass for... its also affordable... has a rust problem as well.. it runs... cant afford to fix the rust atm... or the other small mechanical issues with it... and ive ben stuck in va beach since 90...

its 13 bucks to get into the range at cove campground - can shoot pretty much whatever i want for as long as i want and no rangemaster to jerk me around plus the wife and lil stinker can go fishing while i shoot lol
they wanted $30 a day to use ours.... i could pretty much shoot anything but large calibers and shotguns were limited to 5 rounds per day... less i went to the skeet range behind the base... but dont care for the shotgun i got to go do that... if i was gonna do that id get a different shotgun...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:15 PM
HillbillyRockstar09
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Chevy
hey hillbilly are you fishing in the tourny on eastern shore? if so ill be there friday an saturday!! i worked on a bronco tonight an then drank a few beer around a bonfire!

Hey Blue,

No Tourny for me (yet!) work has picked up @ an accelerated pace LOL and what with this bein my wife and I's 10th year weddin' annniversy I gotta plan on bein in Vega$ come Augu$t so its work work work till then LOL So I'm doin lots of Pond/lake fishin everychance I get...and still tryin to find time to hit the boat with David too

Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
lol sounds like were similar minded there...

ive got a truck and a stang... truck i traded my 87 cutlass for... its also affordable... has a rust problem as well.. it runs... cant afford to fix the rust atm... or the other small mechanical issues with it... and ive ben stuck in va beach since 90...

they wanted $30 a day to use ours.... i could pretty much shoot anything but large calibers and shotguns were limited to 5 rounds per day... less i went to the skeet range behind the base... but dont care for the shotgun i got to go do that... if i was gonna do that id get a different shotgun...
sounds to me like you need to come up to winchester for a day lol bring your truck and tools and i'll help you work on it and afterward we can go shoot lol

Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by HillbillyRockstar09
Hey Blue,

No Tourny for me (yet!) work has picked up @ an accelerated pace LOL and what with this bein my wife and I's 10th year weddin' annniversy I gotta plan on bein in Vega$ come Augu$t so its work work work till then LOL So I'm doin lots of Pond/lake fishin everychance I get...and still tryin to find time to hit the boat with David too
lol gratz on the 10 year and personally i prefer the fishing up here at cove to the stuff around you - my parents and sister live in the springfield area and i went to HS down there lol

Old 04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good evening VA!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
sounds to me like you need to come up to winchester for a day lol bring your truck and tools and i'll help you work on it and afterward we can go shoot lol
lol you gonna buy me the parts too??? im not sure my truck would make it that far without being on a trailer lol... steady 3400 rpm for 3 hrs makes it a bit hard on the engine... lol and with my luck id get out there and itd break something major... id be more likely to bring the stang really...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
wassup new jersey lol

Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
lol you gonna buy me the parts too??? im not sure my truck would make it that far without being on a trailer lol... steady 3400 rpm for 3 hrs makes it a bit hard on the engine... lol and with my luck id get out there and itd break something major... id be more likely to bring the stang really...
lol what parts do you need? and that would still be cool - don't often get to chill w/ anyone other than the 3 year old i watch all week lol - i COULD provide the weapons and ammo if you just wanted to shoot my guns lol

of course that would mean you would get to help clean them 8P

Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
lol what parts do you need? and that would still be cool - don't often get to chill w/ anyone other than the 3 year old i watch all week lol - i COULD provide the weapons and ammo if you just wanted to shoot my guns lol

of course that would mean you would get to help clean them 8P
mine feel neglected cuz they aint been shot in almost 4 years... ive got about 10K rounds sitting in the other room lol...

AIC valve, need to figure out why my EGR keeps tripping... replaced it once and still goes off... have an exhaust leak i cant find... few body panels need replaced... splash panel under the bed fell off about 2 weeks ago... new tires... i could keep going lol...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
HillbillyRockstar09
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol gratz on the 10 year and personally i prefer the fishing up here at cove to the stuff around you - my parents and sister live in the springfield area and i went to HS down there lol
My next door neighbor is orig. from Winchester and her Brother is still there and is always tellin me how I need to come there do some REAL fishin LOL

Old 04-15-2010, 07:31 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
mine feel neglected cuz they aint been shot in almost 4 years... ive got about 10K rounds sitting in the other room lol...

AIC valve, need to figure out why my EGR keeps tripping... replaced it once and still goes off... have an exhaust leak i cant find... few body panels need replaced... splash panel under the bed fell off about 2 weeks ago... new tires... i could keep going lol...
this may sound wierd but you know how i used to look for exhaust leaks... lil kids bubble mix lol the exhaust makes bubbles in it 8P

Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by HillbillyRockstar09
My next door neighbor is orig. from Winchester and her Brother is still there and is always tellin me how I need to come there do some REAL fishin LOL
lol personally i just like the fact that its not yet COMPLETELY full of those rich lil idiots you find where youand my parents live lol

Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
this may sound wierd but you know how i used to look for exhaust leaks... lil kids bubble mix lol the exhaust makes bubbles in it 8P
mines up by the manifold somewhere... i think id make steam before i got bubbles... that and i think its under the heat shield they put around it...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
mortalis09
Posting Guru
mines up by the manifold somewhere... i think id make steam before i got bubbles... that and i think its under the heat shield they put around it...
gotcha could it be the gasket where the manifold hooks up maybe?

relatively inexpensive (if pain in the butt) fix to implement

Quick Reply: April VA Chat Thread... All Welcome!