The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.
View Poll Results: As a young person today, I THINK:
COPS are PIGS!
13.58%
The police hate us...
8.64%
COPS don't matter
4.94%
The Police are Corrupt
13.58%
The cops don't really know what they are doing
4.94%
The cops try, but are not very smart.
14.81%
Policemen are really cool people
20.99%
Police are highly Educated in the Law
6.17%
COPS are my heroes
4.94%
I want to be a policeman some day
7.41%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think about "COPS" where you live?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:17 PM
superboy54
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well down here were i live theres some cool cops and the regular jack asses. The ones that stop just for staring at them. They are just looking for a reason to stop you and give you a ticket. Whats worse is im a hispanic, (so you guess right get pull over all the time) and i hate to say this but most of the hispanic cops are the biggest jerks. They treat us the worse.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:06 PM
EasternAggie
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my opinions differ based on who the cop is.

Highway Patrol- Highly trained, competent individuals who deserve respect. They go through a lot in their training (in OK anyways), and everyone I have encountered is firm, but respectful. I have the utmost respect for them.

City cops (predominantly small and middle-sized towns)- These guys go on power trips round here. They will pull you over for ridiculous reasons, and give you tickets when it is not deserved. Also are generally very rude. Not all of them, but a majority.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:34 PM
rockin300
Post Fiend
that is true we got pulled over the other night cause we stopped behind a gas station and the cop made a half an hour ordeal out of it

Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
scrapyardking
Elder User
I only hate the dot cops in the white vans. Those jerks cost me so much money and down time. I allso hate the DEP guys.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
cman1120
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of people where I live hate cops. I personally don't hate them, and would even like to be one someday. There are good ones, and there are bad ones as well. A lot of the Highway Patrolmen are pretty nice and understanding guys, more than the city cops where I come from. Most of them do have good intentions though.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM
cb_13
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Ok, I am old and do not belong in this thread but I hope to offer some advice from past experiences to you younger guys. In my experience it's the young cops you have to look out for. They have something to prove, especially the ones who only wear the uniform to attract girls. If they can't steal your girl and realize they can't whoop you out of uniform you will be tailed where ever you go. This story has a happy ending though as the officer got caught and fired for surprise! Inappropriate relations with a high school age girl. This one guy does not represent all cops though just an example of a bad apple.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 AM
whargraves
New User
Ok, let me start by saying Im probably to old to even be in this conversation, and this is strictly my personal opinpion. People tend to group all Law Enforcment Officers into on pile. I have been an officer for almost 15 years.

Yes there are some Jerks out there that DO Not need to have a badge and only got the job because they knew the Cheif or Sheriff, and then you have the ones that did get beat up in school and becoming an officer is thier only way to get even and feel important.

But you also have the ones that got into the profession for the right reason, because believe me we did not do it for the damn pay. I have a college degree and I am an educated man, I could do other things that pay 3 times what I make, but I dont, I chose to work two jobs and be in an Officer because I do love my job and love being there to help people.

There are cops out there that even other cops dont like and even some that I closely work with that I wont invite to my house for dinner but at work I will be there for them.

There are bad apple in every profession no matter what from the mechanic that lies to people and takes their money for no reason to the Doctors that perform surgeries they shouldnt, All I ask if dont loop us all together.

And last but not least next time a officer is an *** just remember we all have bad days, for all you know he may have just left a scene where a baby had died and he had one at home the same age, or just got done telling a mother that her teenager was just killed in a car wreck. The old saying in Law Enforcement is we deal with 2% of the population (the bad part) 98% of the time. Sometimes its hard for officers to remember not everyone in that 2%. And if that officer is a little jumpy and worried you might have a gun or want to hurt him, he only being careful he dosent know you and he wants to see his kids when he gets home, remember bad guys act nice till they shoot you. They dont warn you before pulling a gun.

Again this is only my opinion and I truely did intend to hurt anyones feelings or insult anyone nor start a debate on the issue. This was only my .02 cents

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want to say something.

"police" are a good thing.
We need them, and I have nothing against them.

UNFORTUNATELY, there seems to be problems with "quality control" over who is out on the streets.
Same things as cars have, where a whole bunch of people buy crap engines by accident. Never meant to leave the factory that way, but it did.
My personal experience with police: Some I would kill, others I would kill for.

Think about that for a second.... pity I see such a difference for different members of law enforcement, when they are supposed to treat the public in a very "uniform" manner.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
351Cleveland C4
Lead Driver
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts
the cops around here can be A-holes. if they dont have anything to do theyll go around "making money". pulling people over cuz of something small and stupid. or stuff like that.. but when you need them theyre here..

Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
There are multiple types of cops around. Some of the local sheriffs/deputies can be nice guys. I know one especially that likes to hang around and chat in a local auto parts store, he's nice. State police can be more of a pain I guess... They act like they're above you in some way. They ALWAYS speed, and it seems like they're always out to give tickets, not warnings. It seems like the state police also will take any chance they get to drive their car really fast. You'll see 6 of them driving a million miles an hour to an accident scene where they probably only need 3.

Just what I've observed. Not all cops are the same, and there are nice ones out there. I don't want to put all of them in the same category.