1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Sagging Door Handles

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Benijeep
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sagging Door Handles

First of all, thanks for the Information I have read here in this Forum. I bought 2 trucks a 49 F1 & a 56 F100, the 56 I will sell. I only knew about Ford Woodies, about trucks...."nada".
Before I bought them I came in here and did a crash course, here you have information you can't imagine, I repainted the 56 engine as I saw here, ready to change my 49 to 12volts...and more.
I'm writing today to tell you about the sagging door handles.... I was following Julie's info, but I came across a pair of 1937 Ford 4 door Sedan rear locks

and as you see the cams are the same, even the lock bolt is the same!
so done...

I used the inside L shape spring from the 37 car, But the spring that goes in circles and holds the lock bolt, don't try it.... It's way too hard, you have to SLAM the door .

Also I used for the '56 F100

the Window Regulator Crank Shaft & Gear from a 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with handle, perfect fit! Just remove the rivets....and New regulators!
I have a salvage Yard here in Puerto Rico, I mostly do Jeep Cherokee, so that's where I came up with the window regulator fits Grand Wagoneer 76-91, also the inside door lock work ...only thing it won't lock from the inside ( don't mind I'm flipping the truck).