Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

March Chat it up thread. What you doing in March?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 92 Likes on 87 Posts
If they want it in there, research and find it themselves, I'm not a paying member, only visit here and the 68-up van forum, nowhere else, so I put it here for those I know to read.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes - but I for one would hate to see the thread locked over religeous, political, or other matters.

It's looking good so far - and if you want to rant about politics this is not the place

C'mon man.... You know that as well as I do.

"NUFF that STUFF

Do you really want to see another thread started "Because Mark messed it up?"

I can see you being peevish about stuff, but I'm seriously into talkin' ABOUT stuff...

I WAS a moderator here once - and a thing like that post would have been moved immediately.

I have an advantage these days, I can see both sides. I can also warn you, before it is too late...

Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Just found it elsewhere, thought I'd share it, not trying to get into politics or religion, problem is a thing called history, it's not taught anymore for the very reason you said, shame following the rules leads to repeating mistakes due to ignorance.
I just thought it was interesting, I didn't know it.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:15 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All.......

Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon....sunny and 65!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Nice out, hope to see Wednesday to be as predicted, out for some wiring in the van.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Afternoon all. Starting to see some relief. Sun will be back tomorrow. WoooHooo

What do you mean the members area Greywolf?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
oh thank god its warm outside. WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
willy3486
Senior User
I am for one who is tired of the cold weather. I am trying to build a chicken coop and the last I heard we may get rain on Friday. The birds will be grown enough for the building and I won't have it done. I am looking forward to warmer weather. It seems this winter has been three years long. As far politics goes thats why I left the old truck site I was at. I have seen that destroy groups and friendships. I hope we stay away from that, I am getting great advice here on gardening. Now if anyone could offer me advice on getting a chicken "condo" done fast I would be in good shape. The lease they have says they can stay with me until their room is finished. But I do get rent in the form of eggs.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Go with one by one, plywood, and buy a staple gun. RV's are built that way - once it's painted it oughta last!

SHUCKS man...

One of my neighbors a few days ago said we were supposed to get rain "TONIGHT"...
I didn't know I was gonna get DROWNED for two days!

Today was still a little wet.
It would have been good for bustin' new ground, but most of the dirt was so soggy you could sink right down in it if you were trying to steer a tiller....

When the sun came out and it got in the sixties I focused on cutting new trellis out of welded wire fabric, standing it up on PVC stakes, and painting it. It sure as hell looks nice, but I'm not stopping yet to take pictures.

There is a lot more yet to do.

Tomorrow once the paint is dry I'll be setting out some "BLACK BEANS" in one of the new parts. I may have to drop a new Lima bean seed or two in one area, but I really think the time to sow seeds directly in the soil is here for the Memphis area.

I saw buds for leaves on the maple tree on the west side of my yard, and all of the bushes are budding up! IT'S GOING ON!

And I want everthang to be sprouting up RIGHT NOW!

1) I need to build six more LARGE 'Mater cages

2) I have to build at least six CHERRY TOMATO cages

3) I need a lot more trellises

~ and every single one of them is a PITA to paint

I WILL NOT HAVE rusty nasty junk looking things in my yard

Besides - why pay for the same thing in six years again?

THAT is almost a hundred bucks I could spend having an engine block machined out...

Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Afternoon all. Starting to see some relief. Sun will be back tomorrow. WoooHooo

What do you mean the members area Greywolf?
The MEMBERS AREA is a forum not available to non-supporters, where the rules about what you can say are more "RELAXED"

Politics, Religion, Sex, all of the things just about guaranteed to get a thread locked.

You should be able to go there if you are a "SUPPORTER" by surfing the complete list of forums, going to the miscelanious section on the menu to the left, and there you will find it.

(The same part that lists General Discussion, General Automotive Discussion, etc...)

It is not a choice available to non-paying members.

I honestly don't pay much attention to it, personally

The real good stuff is more often in the OPEN forums

(at least for me)

~ I found the same to be true of another forum I once belonged to, the "3DO COM"

Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning TN.....

Happy Hump Day !!!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by willy3486
I am for one who is tired of the cold weather. I am trying to build a chicken coop and the last I heard we may get rain on Friday. The birds will be grown enough for the building and I won't have it done. I am looking forward to warmer weather. It seems this winter has been three years long. As far politics goes thats why I left the old truck site I was at. I have seen that destroy groups and friendships. I hope we stay away from that, I am getting great advice here on gardening. Now if anyone could offer me advice on getting a chicken "condo" done fast I would be in good shape. The lease they have says they can stay with me until their room is finished. But I do get rent in the form of eggs.
Bah! Just put 'em in the dining room for a couple days....chickens are so clean, noone will ever know they're there...

Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
KDPate
Senior User
March isalmost over wth and projects are starting to leave my garage finally. FIL's trailer gets finished up tonight (he got it free; didn't tell me it was twisted up in a wreck), my trailer gets the once over, and then I'm starting on some mild to major renovation to the house. Found out my exterior walls of the house DO NOT HAVE INSULATON!!!!!Whoever the lazy jokers were that built it 18 yrs ago didarotten job and must've followed everything to the T on ameteur night @ HD.......

Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
You could cut holes in the interior walls at the top and blow in fiber-fill insulation, easier low tech solution, cheaper than removing the drywall and doing the old pink stuff.

Quick Reply: March Chat it up thread. What you doing in March?