1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

pics thread?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 04:49 PM
davelength
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slowly and cautiously
I only had to come up about 18" so I just jacked up the entire van (after disconnecting all the necessary bits), supported the body on various structures of wood & solid concrete block and then lowered the chassis down using multiple hydraulic jacks. If the garage door had been tall enough to clear the van, I would likely have built some reinforced joists/trusses and lifted the body up inside the garage. However, having the body outside did allow me to do all the chassis/engine work in the garage with plenty of room.

It was not too bad, though I am in no hurry to do it again.

Dave

Old 02-14-2010, 05:57 PM
HAB
Senior User
Got a former Motorhome garage rented (for just $60 a month with electric can ya believe it!!) for installing my lift into my Van-Truk. Gonna tie into the joists (2X6) next to the walls (reinforced concrete) to remove the truck bed. Then send it out to my brother in-law (the body man) for paint. Don't think it will be to hard, but not looking foward to it.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:38 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 93 Likes on 87 Posts
I need my lift swapped out with a nice hydraulic Ricon that was given to me, one in the van was driven over by an idiot not paying attention, cracked the welds on the platform, cracked the boot that mounts the hinged platform to the lift, and caused the screw to slip lowering the first 3", the quick drop is scary. Down side now is that my power seat base on the drivers seat has the motor that takes it up to my wheelchair height is stripping out, gotta take it out and get to a parts store to match it up, supposed to be a GM window motor.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
jakblk
New User
05 e-250 extended crew cargo converting to sleeper van...blkjak

Old 02-14-2010, 07:25 PM
HAB
Senior User
Originally Posted by maples01
I need my lift swapped out with a nice hydraulic Ricon that was given to me, one in the van was driven over by an idiot not paying attention, cracked the welds on the platform, cracked the boot that mounts the hinged platform to the lift, and caused the screw to slip lowering the first 3", the quick drop is scary. Down side now is that my power seat base on the drivers seat has the motor that takes it up to my wheelchair height is stripping out, gotta take it out and get to a parts store to match it up, supposed to be a GM window motor.
Man that really sXXXs! Idiots are everywhere. Had my 79 4x4 Van totaled by an uninsured Gal (I use that term loosely) that was 23yrs old that had NEVER been able to pass the drivers test. Yet she is still driving today.

Used to use the rotary platform screw lift (no longer available thanks to regulatons) from Ricon and then the Hydraulic version from Braun (same story of regulation) now use the Braun Hydraulic Platform lifts.

Got a like new Braun Rotary in the barn. But right now don't have a van with a sliding door. But one will come around sooner or later.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
HAB
Senior User
Nice 05 Cargo jakblk! Is it Diesel by any chance?
It will make a nice sleeper/camper.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:02 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Yeah, it's a Crow River Vangater folding platform, Braun bought out the company and still makes the Vangater, hear it has a speed control setting, but doubt it's any faster than mine, and give into the fact my ton van sits so much higher than the E-150's. The one I have waiting is a Ricon S2000, the industrial series, should last a long time, but I need the brackets that go in the step, because it's so far on the edge in the doorway, then the stuff to reinforce the floor, I don't like how a friends bows his floor when in use.
Mines a sleeper, I altered the air intake a little, more coming soon, chip, and exhaust, lookin to do some body altering when it gets warm out. I have a bench/bed from a conversion in currently, wish I could change it out with one of the larger power versions, but will likely just build a deck in the rear, extending the bed further back, so when it folds down, it'll go all the way to the back doors of the ext van.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:19 AM
jakblk
New User
Originally Posted by HAB
Nice 05 Cargo jakblk! Is it Diesel by any chance?
It will make a nice sleeper/camper.
thanks for the reply...

no it's a gasser...just bought it for $7,ooo with 7o,ooo miles. was fleet serviced and like new. will take time to set up because of old man budget.
eventualy when you open side slide door a nice recliner will be facing you and towards the back there will be an open to the front insulated box with a double bed with storage under that. i will get a camera and will post my slow build. the van runs great i am very happy with it...blkjak.

oh ... my name is blkjak but someone on this site already has the name but never post...lol

Old 02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Ujoint
New User
I've been lurking for a while, so I decided it's time to post something!! I eat, sleep & breathe Ford vans, especially 4x4's. There's just no cooler vehicle in the world!!! Here's my rig, 06 E350 6.0 with a few mods.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM
jakblk
New User
Originally Posted by Ujoint
I've been lurking for a while, so I decided it's time to post something!! I eat, sleep & breathe Ford vans, especially 4x4's. There's just no cooler vehicle in the world!!! Here's my rig, 06 E350 6.0 with a few mods.
"I eat, sleep & breathe Ford vans, especially 4x4's. There's just no cooler vehicle in the world!!!" me too...nice van...blkjak

Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by jakblk
"I eat, sleep & breathe Ford vans, especially 4x4's. There's just no cooler vehicle in the world!!!" me too...nice van...blkjak
Nice? Nice? That van is freaking awesome! I'd have the picture in the snow blown up to poster size and hanging in my garage.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Ujoint
New User
Thanks fellas, lots of work in the ol Vanaconda!!! I'd like to have some posters too, maybe I'll put that on my never ending list of things to do.....

Old 02-15-2010, 05:49 PM
jakblk
New User
Originally Posted by Ujoint
Thanks fellas, lots of work in the ol Vanaconda!!! I'd like to have some posters too, maybe I'll put that on my never ending list of things to do.....
hahaha...
how about posting some interior pics?blkjak

Old 02-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Ujoint
New User
Originally Posted by jakblk
hahaha...
how about posting some interior pics?blkjak
Once my new setup is done, for sure. I'm half way there, waiting for some nice weather to finish it up.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I'd love 35 x15.50 R16 on a 4x4 van, no use to be real high, the wide tires float you across soft surfaces, too bad I'm broke.
I love functional bumpers, I'm wanting to get some C-channel to cut and form a road armor look, much cheaper too.

Quick Reply: pics thread?