6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

External Guage Monitors

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
jshumadine
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
External Guage Monitors

I'd love to get some external guage monitors like the DashDAQ or Edge Insight Multi-Guage display. I have no mods on my 2008 job 1 6.4. I'd just like to see real time data and have a scan tool. Can anyone with either of these give me the pros and cons including ease of use and does plugging it in cause any issues with warranty (I don't know if the dealer can see something was plugged in and try to screw me on warranty). I love the looks of the DashDAQ but it is pretty expensive at over $500. Any feedback would be great.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I have the banks IQ on order, they are coming out with a version that does not require a programmer. Has all the capabilities.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the Edge Insight. Very easy, works as advertised. Get the dash mount pod, looks good and is a great location right above the dash air vent on driver side.

My only issue with it is that it takes a Windows PC to register/configure/update the product. I relieved myself of Windows 3 years ago and life is better except for the dang Edge!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
waverunner800
Senior User
I ordred my Edge Insight directly from Edge last November (they were having a sale). I got the Insight and the dash mount pod for $312.30.

I had to remove the pillar post (two bolts) to get the tab of the pod under it, but then I did not use any of the "sticky" stuff and angle brackets to mount it. It is solidly mounted. Popped off the plastic covering on the side of the dash (between door and dash) to route the wires. Total time of maybe an hour....

Also, I have yet to even hook it up to a computer to update/download historical data, etc, but I have a Windows XP machine (actually several), so if I ever get around to it, it should not be a problem.

I love the Insight. It monitors only, so should not have any warranty issues. Also, here's a link to a thread I posted in earlier that shows what the Edge will monitor on a 6.4:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ce-please.html

In summary, I love the Insight....

Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
richfaa
Elder User
Depends on how much money you want to spend or how cool you want to look. We have this one. It monitors everythingband is a plug in...

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

Old 01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
here is my IQ, they will soon have a stand alone available that does not require a programmer I am told.