Mileage: 10000
Color: Yellow
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Color: Yellow
Engine: 460

I am selling my '66 F-100 after owning it for nearly 30 years. I bought it originally in Greenville, and I am the second owner; I have a clear title. It has been my secondary daily driver for when the primary truck broke down, and has been very reliable. I have completely upgraded the drivetrain and mechanical components to later designs to make the truck safer and easier to drive, yet to keep it looking original. For example, I have added Ford power disc brakes and power steering from a 1976 F-150, to replace the power steering by Armstrong, and ensure it brakes more easily than with the original front drum brakes. All of the modifications, with very few exceptions, are Ford bolt-on upgrades. There is almost no custom work, as I do not have the ability to weld and fabricate. All of the drivetrain work has less than 10K miles on it; the engine has only about 3000 miles. I have over $8K into everything in the last 3 years. See the list below for details. I have driven her across the country numerous times, and would do so again tomorrow - she is that reliable.
This truck needs someone to do the body work and paint job to make her beautiful again. I cannot do that, and do not have a place to do it. I have kept a camper top on her since I bought her so there is no rot in the tailgate or bed.
She comes with nearly $2,000 worth of spare and replacement parts; see the list below. I also have contacts that can easily get you more parts, a complete replacement cab for example, in the Atlanta area.
Here is the bad: The cab has a dent in it from when someone bent the door back while I was deployed. This allowed water to seep in and rust the floorboards. They are still solid enough to sit on, but there are holes developing.
The core support has a large rot area - I have a replacement core support ready to be installed, though.
There are miscellaneous dents all over, but the sheet metal is solid and rot free, except as already noted.

Please contact me by e-mail, by responding to this ad, or by phone at 443-617-6143.

Truck Description
‘86 460 bored 60 over with stock '86 heads - no porting
'77 F-250 460 engine perches and mounts
'69 straight up cam gears, Cloyes 3-position gear, double roller with RV type cam
Edelbrock Performer intake and 1470 750 CFM carb on a 1" phenolic spacer
'76 Duraspark II ignition
Stock aftermarket manifolds with a 2 1/2 inch dual crossover exhaust, Flowmasters, copper gaskets
'93 serpentine belt brackets and pulleys
'78 power steering pump, hoses with ’93 PS pulley
'76 power steering box
’76 power steering pitman arm
’92 power steering cooler, mounted inside the frame
'70 rebuilt steering column
'66 radiator (re-cored)
'66 alternator with '93 serpentine pulley and fan
'86 water pump
'86 fan clutch with '77 7-blade fan
'83 rebuilt C-6 from an '83 F-350 fifth wheeler, with '77 C-6 linkage (internal shift rod and kickdown)
2.75 rear end
'83 stock rear sump oil pan, with stock oil pump, pickup tube and dipstick (includes main bearing bolt with stud to hold pickup in place)
Includes '93 A/C compressor, but A/C is not installed. (Needed for the serpentine belts.)
’76 F-150 3-inch rear brakes (with ’72 axle shafts)
’76 F-150 front disk brakes with power brake booster and dual chamber master cylinder. Re-plumbed brake lines
Front end rebuilt
Rear end rebuilt

Major Spare Parts List
Rust-free hood
New radiator/core support
Interior trim set
Exterior trim set
Automatic steering column with steering wheel
Second set of original hubcaps
Rear end third members, 3.50 and 3.25 ratios
Spare set of '72 rear axle shafts
Spare gas tank with sending unit (very hard to find clean!)
Complete spare wiring harnesses
Original radio
Many electrical parts
Door and hood hinges
Set of 4 wheels and tires
Much more in other parts

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
johntmarshall
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you still have this truck or did you sell it? What part of South Carolina is it located?