1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A few pictures of 1951 projects

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Rookie F1 builder
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few pictures of 1951 projects

The red one is an F2 and it came with a 351w. The yellow is an F1 and came with a 48 flat head V8.

The hood on the red one has this for a hood ornament. This is not stock, and I would like to know where it is from.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Those are a couple decent looking projects. It looks like you've got your work cut out for ya. What's the plan? Building one truck out of the pair or building them both? Powertrain plans?

Just an observation - I think the upright on your engine stand is turned around backwards. That's why yer flatty is droopin'!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Rookie F1 builder
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The flat head got put on the stand in the dark while it was raining. Did the best we could with what we had. I am going to take the yellow/blue truck and chop the top, paint it flat black and pinstipes with old school red and chrome wheels. I am putting the windsor in it, upgrading the drivetrain, boxing and powder coating the frame red. I want to lower it, but I don't know if we are going to do it with the suspention or with bags. I know bags are pretty pricey and I am not independently wealthy. The orange red one, depending on my needs for the other, my be turned into a truck style rat rod with the flattie in it.
Who knows I may just sell both and buy something for my wife.