1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Trend Truck of The Year

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motor Trend Truck of The Year

Ram HD won but it was a total joke check out the contenders. I guess this was all that was eligable this year but still its pretty funny. That Transit Van almost got it haha.

Check it out guys.

2010 Motor Trend Truck of the Year Contenders - Motor Trend

Heres the winners page
2010 Ram Heavy Duty - 2010 Motor Trend Truck of the Year - Motor Trend

Well I hope Ram enjoys it because the Super Duty wasnt able to compete this year and I bet it will take it next year.

But what do ya think the Ram HD is a great truck dont get me wrong the competion how ever wasnt really that great they all were just too different to compare.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
SVT Raptor should have won. Nothing else like it on the market.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Yeah agreed Raptoer is awesome. But I can't wait till the Pichuptrucks.com Heavy Duty shoot out comes around that will be a good test for the HD trucks to fight it out in.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that new RAM interior looks just as cheap and plasticy as all the new Caravans we get throu the shop..

just last week we had a 09 Town n country caravan come throu with a leaking trans and no power steering assist.. this on a vehicle with less then 20K km..

what a POS...

also i find it funny that the RAM 1/2tons use coil springs in the rear, a feature they claim is sooo much better then leafs, but when push comes to shove the HD versions still have leafs.. i wonder why that is....

Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life
that new RAM interior looks just as cheap and plasticy as all the new Caravans we get throu the shop..

just last week we had a 09 Town n country caravan come throu with a leaking trans and no power steering assist.. this on a vehicle with less then 20K km..

what a POS...

also i find it funny that the RAM 1/2tons use coil springs in the rear, a feature they claim is sooo much better then leafs, but when push comes to shove the HD versions still have leafs.. i wonder why that is....

So funny. I read a comment on Autoblog that said Dodge never had any transmission issues.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Chaosracing
Posting Guru
I stopped getting motor trend years ago because they always seemed to hate Ford for some reason. Ford should have won Truck or car or the year alot, and the statistics are proving Motor Trend wrong in their picks. Ford vehicles have increased in quality big time, beating out even Toyota and Honda. But then, the Ram people needed something to compensate for their lack of being.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 PM
jhooch
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Motor Trend did choose the Ford Fusion as 2010 car of the year.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:55 AM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
Motor Trend isn't a great evaluator of trucks. They look for car-like amenities, car-like rides and feel. Comparing the Raptor or the Transit to anything is silly, since they have no competitors. They even admit that in the article, Ford is creating new markets in North America.

So, bottom line is the fully optioned Dodge Ram acted more like they think a pickup truck should act, when compared to a stripped down Toyota Tundra, a showroom ready Baja racing truck and a very small but brilliantly engineered delivery van.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinky Demon
SVT Raptor should have won. Nothing else like it on the market.
That's perhaps why it didn't win and never will. Nothing on the market to compare it with.

MT is a joke when evaluating trucks. The funny thing is, when Ford wins, we all cheer and when Ford does not win, we tend to shrug our shoulders and talk crap about MT. I'm guilty as charged!

Tim

Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea i hate reading reviews done by people who are obviously car people...

thats like having a sailor review a airplane...

Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
I remember this review for the 08 Super Duty out of Consumer Guide Auto.

"The ride was harsh, and the twin turbocharged diesel engine was noisy."

Well, chit, you don't say? And here I expected my 2500 heavy duty work truck to ride like a Mercedes! I'm buying a Toyota now!

Even though, I will give those Dodge guys some credit, I do like that Cummins engine. Had two guys on a construction site today that both owned the 24Vs. One had a custom exhaust with the pipe cut to the side after the doors, and the other lost his tailpipe. Sounded SOOOO wonderful! That's the only engine I know where taking the muffler off makes it sound better.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:05 PM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
Oh, and the Ram HD got heavy duty truck of the year because the 1 ton Super Duty, 1 ton GMC and 1 ton Chevy were not eligible to compete.

"So, who made a new 1 ton this year?"

"Dodge."

Just Dodge?"

"Yes, just Dodge."

"Guess they win then...."

Old 12-15-2009, 05:21 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life
yea i hate reading reviews done by people who are obviously car people...

thats like having a sailor review a airplane...
I'm going to jump off topic and say that the US Navy and Coast Guard have thousands of sailors who are aviation mechanics.

Tim

Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 AM
bucci
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
I'm going to jump off topic and say that the US Navy and Coast Guard have thousands of sailors who are aviation mechanics.

Tim

I was waiting for the naval aviator support to chime in. I always think of the movie top gun when the girl "Charlie" says to "Maverick" in the bar "so you're a pilot" and Maverick goes "that's right - a naval aviator."

Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
i read all the comments on the Ram winning this year. There focus is way off for Motor Trend. Anyone who thinks that all the carry over specs from previous years is now the #1 truck of the year is focusing on the wrong items.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend Truck of The Year