Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

December 2009 b/s session and daily blog

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 PM
slappysdump
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother Bill, hope he's doing well. Anyhow how about no snow in November in Ohio--been a while since thats happened--fine with me though as I would rather look at my plow than use it. On a side note I've been thinking about selling my 53 Panel truck, with the wife in school and only working part time we could use the money. Plus I don't have the time to work on it, and I have other toys that are already road ready. Anyone out there have any idea what panel trucks are going for these days?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:29 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Sorry to hear you might be selling the panel. Production figures for 1953 were 9,951 panels. Not a lot by todays standards.

Its worth more than you think! Hard to find, and when you do find a nice solid one its never close by!

There are people who think they should get something for next to nothing, I say GET AS MUCH for it as you can! Its yours and you need the money, why not?

I would say that after almost 60 years there cant be more than 2,000 1953 panels left and how many of that number are even worth a dang!

Wish I had some extra cash I'd like to have it

Old 12-02-2009, 09:07 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Kevin, have you seen Todd lately been trying to get a hold of him I'm looking for a 51 3/8 long drive shaft with the 3 1-2 u-joints and the same for a 9 inch yoke.Also a front seat with arm rest profer blue or gray from a 92-96.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slappy....thanks.....Your 53 is a nice truck,but not sure how much you can get for it. I am interested but have to get a great deal.
I generally am looking for a stock 56 panel truck for around 4-5k and have 2 in mind.

pm me with a price and maybe we can deal.....oh and I have been buying and selling for 30 plus yrs and can most likely pass the word along as I have alot of guys here and regionallly that ask for trucks and machine tools,etcfor sale......I will stop over some time soon. Bill
p.s. How about that hupmobile....Bill

Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM
slappysdump
Senior User
Yeah I hate to think about selling it, its a great starting point for a really nice truck. The body is solid, not stock running gear though--its got a Firebird front clip and motor (302). It really just needs the interior finished, painted (its flat black w/flames now) and a windshield. I was thinking about $10,000 for a price, which is right around what I've got into it. Thanks for the production numbers Bigwin. Oh and Bill I think I'll hang on to the Hupmobile--even rarer than a 53 panel--plus it just needs the paint redone and its good to go(well its good now but new paint would make it perfect).

Old 12-02-2009, 10:09 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Slappy...I think the price is kind of high...but you never know. Someone like bigwin will spend the money....LOL
I hate to see you sell it...but I figure if I can put the word out maybe someone will bite.
I was thinking that hupmobile is nice enough as is.....You should do ok....a lot of folks are drinking in this economy....LOL
You have a whole arsenal of vehicles and nice place to keep them......get that big plow and truck ready....LOL

Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Slappy....thanks.....Your 53 is a nice truck,but not sure how much you can get for it. I am interested but have to get a great deal.
I generally am looking for a stock 56 panel truck for around 4-5k and have 2 in mind.

pm me with a price and maybe we can deal.....oh and I have been buying and selling for 30 plus yrs and can most likely pass the word along as I have alot of guys here and regionallly that ask for trucks and machine tools,etcfor sale......I will stop over some time soon. Bill
p.s. How about that hupmobile....Bill

I'd buy all I could find for 4-5 grand in good cond LOL

Slappy I'd say minimum of $10,000

Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Brian,
Todd is hunting this week so the shop is closed for the week, and Monday is going to be crazy for him after a week off.

Kevin

Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
[quote=WALFORD'S 56;8194082] Someone like bigwin will spend the money....LOL

Bill, what do you mean "someone like bigwin"

Slappy,
Someone like walDorF will try to steal it out from under you, so be carefull!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
LOL......Slappy, I will be over and have some time later this week to discuss this.

LOL.......I always get great deals. Just the way I roll.
Some people buy with their hearts and not their heads. Bill

Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
slappysdump
Senior User
Thanks for the input guys, if you know anybody looking for one send them my way. I don't "have" to sell it, but I figure I've done very little to it in ten years and it would be cool to see it go to someone you would finish it and drive the truck--its too nice to just sit any longer. Yeah Bill the plow is ready, and the Dump truck finally has all the manifold bolts replaced so no more ticking--but now I need a muffler. Even with the holes in the muffler its not as annoying as the ticking of the manifolds. And yes the Holiday season is coming up fast so business is picking up--the Great Lakes Christmas ale is going strong.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I will put the word out,and sure with as many vehicles you have a also a BUSINESS MAN, you know how to make a deal. I will stop by and get a few bottles for my old buddies in business.....they already are sending booze to me for Christmas...and I have to return the favor.....plus I want to see their new CNC Machinery.

I don't drink anymore...except maybe a glass of wine now and then.
Stop in and get a new muffler on that beast....snow is a comin'

Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your brother.

I have a friend who due to diabetes lost his one leg(at knee) many years back. It's been maybe 6-7 yrs ago they took his other leg(at knee). He gets around great with prosthetics, with long pants you'd hardly know. We always laugh when he tells jokes of people giving him funny looks when he "taps" on his leg and it "thunks"(when wearing long pants). Or, "I'll take my leg off and beat cha to death with it". Pretty strong willed guy and always upbeat.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
xWICkEdx
Freshman User
Yes She had a Tuble that ended up bursting and had to have emergency surgery. She was having bad pain and could hardly walk. On the paint I was real lucky it was a nice time when I did it Sunday. Sorry a bought your brother who had the surgery also Bill. Slappy good luck selling your truck. I Will pray for every on on here.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Heat way 48 degrees !!!! Thanks for the reply Keven i'll try Todd next week Tues or Wed. Any one buy any thing good from Columbus? I just got a dash pad but was eyeing the 01 Bullet Mustang but it would have cost to much like 1/2 of everthing i own!!!

Quick Reply: December 2009 b/s session and daily blog